Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Have fun for you,me, and everyone else who cannot be there.

User Info Menu

ohhhh lordy....... I wish I had more days off this week....... reading will be fun!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Negril . . .you are going to have a bunch of boardies who are stuck back home (me included) looking forward to your adventures and observations. Enjoy to the max!

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry I got your message but you pm box is full but I have Bobo's phone number for you but you need to clear out a space for your messages.

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry, Brasi just updated. Where are you at?
    Glad you had a safe flight in! Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your first day in Negril!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the report, Gerry123, I must say,in my opinion you have had one of the most memorable reports thus far,so I am eagerly awaiting this one. I assume we have not heard any real details yet because they are partying like rock stars and they are probably recouperating as we speak....or they may still be up, from the nite before lol!

User Info Menu

Oh Goody! The last report was like a soap opera that never ended! I don't think I will ever forget one particular line in your report that makes me crack up everytime I think about it...something like" I finally got in, and then I finally got in" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Classic.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Your other trip report was the first I really read when I got in this group. It was so entertaining I can't wait to read what this trip has in store for us!! Have fun!
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hope you arrived safe and sound.
    Looking forward to hear about your long anticipated journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Z4PX2JI_c
    B

User Info Menu

OK here we go, folks:

I arrived late Wednesday, just past midnight so early Thursday I guess.

I shared a ride to Negril with another tourist, a nice lady from Miami. As soon as we got into a cab together, we rolled one up – that’s always the way it is in Negril, unless you’re on a big Juta bus or something.

A few crabs scurried across the street as we headed here from the airport, and I immediately began to feel like home .... I was greeted at Sunset on the Cliffs hotel by Gooden, a big, tall, friendly security guard. He checked me in, and it turns out the hotel gave me a very nice room – better than I expected. I’m right on the ocean in a corner unit, downstairs. The room is not fancy but it’s very clean and very nice, and the AC blows cold (no ceiling fan, though, a bit unusual for Negril).

I rolled one up, walked across the street to DeBars, a great chicken restaurant. They had stopped serving but Eddie was there, and he was happy to see me because we had hung out quite a bit last time because Nicky had lived across the street at Dreamscape Villas. He made an exception for me and brought out a plate, plus I had a cold drink there, and Eddie got me kind of caught up on what’s been happening.

I guess most of residents have been cleared out of Dreamscape, he said, and now there’s a big gate in front that was not erected the last time I was here six months ago.

Oh, the chicken tasted good. Super spicy, but good.