Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

I could have called someone to pick me up to go somewhere late at night, but it was nice to simply return to my room and chill. I soon fell into a deep sleep.

I know I slept well because the sheets were barely even mussed up when I woke up a few minutes ago! The first night in Negril, I always sleep really, really well.

User Info Menu

It was early when I woke up, about 7 a.m. for so. That’s when I realized how nice a place Sunset on the Cliffs is – in the daylight, the place really came alive, mostly because of the majestic view of the ocean. The ocean is a little rough today – I hear it was much worse the past couple of days – and hopefully the water will get more calm as the week moves forward.

I enjoyed a nice breakfast, and then the mission started: I had to get a motor scooter to really work my way into Negril vacation mode. I had made an agreement through emails for Gasford at Gas, but he backed out it, imploring me to give him more money than what we had to agreed to; they guy is VERY hard to deal with, but I did get a nice, very new-looking scooter, but not at 18 per day as he had promised in writing but 22 per day.

I could walked and headed to Tykes or Elvis, but I said WTF and just did it.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-06-2012 at 09:20 AM.

User Info Menu

The first thing I did was reload my phone. I guess if you go more than 90 days, you Have to re-up, and it had been nearly six months, so I took care of that. Then I drove back up the hill to Seastar Inn, where I met Brassi the first time, and we shared breakfast with Tawnee and her hubby, Randy. All great folks, and everyone was in a really good mood.

I was missing Jodie, my Negril girlfriend, so I quickly went up the hill and picked her up. She lives across from Sir D Lookout, and I surprised her, though she knew I was arriving last night, I think. She did not have a chance to get dressed up or even put on makeup, but she looked incredibly good – and we were really happy to see each other. I miss her a lot!

Jodie, whom I had first met a few trips ago when she was working at a little west end bar called Bantons, is very nice, very sweet, and yes she has many of the qualities prized by superficial men.

I took her back to Seastar, where we sat drinking juice – Seastar makes a mean blended fruit punch with real fruit – and rolled some up.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-06-2012 at 09:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Brassi was a little tore up from the night before, the great New Yorker having overdid it a bit in his first evening of hedonistic Negril freedom, so I put Jodie on the back of my scooter and we drove around in the hills a little bit, laughing and having fun.

By chance I ran into a pal from last time, John, my friend from South Dakota whom you might recall I met on my last reach the night I spent the whole evening hangin out Mi Yard till like six in the morning. John is again staying at Tigress – he is very loyal to that place.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Jodie had to take care of some stuff, so I dropped her off and went all the way to Keith’s house – he is my whiz-kid, Philly friend who had made a killing on Wall Street before retiring in his early 40s a short time ago to buy a big house in Negril up near Banton’s past Moondance Villas. Keith was in a great mood, as always, having just a returned from a two-day siesta at the Ritz Carlton in Montego Bay with one of his many mix-n-match girlfriend. He always has a spliff in his mouth and is usually dealing with something pseudo dramatic, so he is a really fun guy to hang out with.

He has built a thatch-roof palapa on his property, and the place is really coming together with the help of his live-in assistant, known simply as Rasta.

Now I was really starting to feel at home as we burned spliffs under the palapa – there’s something extra special about Negril because it’s the only vacation spot where I know a bunch of peeps, so it’s almost like a second home for me.

User Info Menu

I have a lot on my mind. 2011 was a good year, but I spent the preceding months not just working full-time with two jobs plus being a single dad to two young daughters, 6 and 8, plus brewing up a romance or two PLUS I have returned to college to begin law school (I want to make 200k per year!) – I am TIRED. I need this Negril vacation not just to relax but to recharge. Not just my body but my spirit. After 11 nights here, I have promised myself I will return to Los Angeles totally invigorated and ready to take on the world.

Some of my other stops through the day included a visit to Treehouse to eat some pizza (it was NOT good, surprisingly, as I think they must have changed chefs or something), a trip to Chinaman store for supplies then next door to Valuemaster for Sunblock for my face, and back to Seastar Inn to swim and then also back to Sunset on the Cliffs to swim.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Back at Seastar as the sun began to set, I had a big plate of pasta , hangin with Brassi, then Jodie came and met us. We rolled a few and got red-eyed together, then back to Sunset on the Cliffs for a little siesta. Jodie went to meet her kids for a bit, so took the motor scooter back to Seastar yet again, still having plans for later that night to hit the Jungle for Thursday ladies night, then perhaps Scrub a Dub – I told Jodie it was boys night out, LOL – and Seastar Inn owner Chris was really in his element, drinking scotch and rooting for Winnipeg on TV, as the hockey game was being broadcast.

Well, I guess all the sun and fun caught up to me, because I returned to Sunset on Cliffs around 7:30 p.m. for a three-hour nap, but I was so sore and tired from the sun and all the exercise of riding the scooter around without being used to it (I am really a slow mover back home!) that I just crashed out.

User Info Menu

Awesome report so far....thanks for taking us along on your reach. I look forward to your report daily!

User Info Menu

There is more fun ahead. If you remember my report from last time, I always build a certain rhythm as the days move forward and the week-plus-long Negril visit goes from G to PG to PG-13 to R to Triple XXX, so I am pacing myself.

But I can tell you one thing without question: I am having an amazing time. I’ve never been happier returning to Negril, and I know for sure the best is yet to come.

User Info Menu

Gerry,
    Have you ever tried Archway Pizza (west end)?