Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zip lining

User Info Menu

Zip lining

Looking for something fun to do this year while I am there
    Just wondering if anyone has done this and if its fun. Where to
    Go to do it

User Info Menu

I have done zip-lining and it was very fun.
    We did it at Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios...that place is so much fun!

And I am looking forward to doing it (I hope) at YS Falls on our next trip in April!

User Info Menu

I went ziplining with Jamaica Ziplining Adventure tours.. they are one of the best on the island.. they also have one of the longest zips at 1600 feet and absolutely breath taking. I was very impressed with the safety and the tour guides made it alot of fun. Even the crazy ride up in the funked out military type jeep is fun! here is the website.. let me know if you go and what you think. http://www.zipline-tours.com/
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

it was a few reaches back (2008) but we did this through Chukka and had a blast.

We chose a combo zip-lining/kayaking trip and honestly, everyone in that group enjoyed the zip-lining but thought the kayaking part was even more fun. The trip included pick-up/drop-off at your Negril hotel plus lunch onsite. The folks that took the zip-lining only trip did not have lunch included and were done before our tour but they still had to wait for us for the bus ride back

User Info Menu

There is a Zip line option just 10 minutes behind the Negril Morass Called Discovery Falls. You can reach Scott at 390-4924.
    Regards,

Bob
    Name:  Jamaica 2011 - May 30 - Discovery Falls - DSCN0257.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  53.1 KB

User Info Menu

Do you have any details for the one at Discovery Falls? How many runs, how long, cost?
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

Hey there, thanks for the info. We're leaving for Negril in April and I've already looked into this place but was wondering about transportation from 7 mile beach. Can you suggest anyone???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Labwalker View Post
    Hey there, thanks for the info. We're leaving for Negril in April and I've already looked into this place but was wondering about transportation from 7 mile beach. Can you suggest anyone???
    http://www.kingsleystakecaretours.com/index.htm

Kingsley took us zip lining a few years back. Actually I didn't do it, terrified of heights, I went on a raft trip while the others did the zip line I can't remember where we went though...

Name:  Zip.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  73.9 KB

User Info Menu

this link, mystic mountain has bob-sleds, zip lines and sky-lifts. It is near entrance to Dunns River. www.rainforestadventures.com

User Info Menu

When I called Scott from Discovery Fall he had a local driver pick us up at Blue Cave Castle and bring us back when finished. I forget the price, but it was reasonable.
    There are 3 zip lines and none of them are super long my guess is 300 or 400 feet. They were very safety conscience. Take your bathing suit as there are some pools to relax in. They have changing rooms. Not sure if they have food or not (they didn't when we were there) but Scott siad it was okay to bring along food and drink at that time. I also forget the price, but I think it was about $40. If you din't zip line, there was a $10 charge to get into Discovery Falls.

Regards,

BobName:  Jamaica 2011 - May 30 - Discovery Falls - 107_9240.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  52.8 KBName:  Jamaica 2011 - May 30 - Discovery Falls - IMG_0520.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  70.0 KBName:  Jamaica 2011 - May 30 - Discovery Falls - IMG_0547.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  65.2 KB