Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Market Day in Falmouth

User Info Menu

Market Day in Falmouth

Anyone know what day is the big market day in Falmouth?

User Info Menu

We went last year with the staff from our villa in Duncans. It was on Weds. It also was two days before the first ship was to dock in Falmouth. Seemed to be a market designed for residents. Imagine it could be somewhat different now that the ships are in.

User Info Menu

The biggest market day is Wed. If a cruise ship is in port, the town will be very hectic. It is a great place to get fresh produce of all kinds at a good price. If you venture in further, you will see many stalls with household goods, shoes & clothes. It is something like a flea market but with only new things & mostly questionable quality. Take your camera. It's an interesting experience as long as you're not claustrophobic......

User Info Menu

Cool .... Wednesday it is!!!
    Thanks jcjcnj ....... you must have been in Duncans about the same time I was last year, right before the first cruise ship. I stayed at Silver Sands for a few nights. I didn't make it to the market last year, but 2012 is a whole new opportunity
    And thanks northcoast ... I'l have to find out if the cruise ship is in .... I really don't want to see Falmouth like that. I've been there before, and I'm bringing a newby w/ me, and I think the Falmouth mkt is such a trip! It didn't use to be a tourist trap, but it'll be interesting to see how the cruise industry affects the charm of the place. I will definitely 'venture in further' ..... one time I even bought some underpants there in those back stalls ... now, how many people you know can say that!! And they were definitely of 'questionable quality'

User Info Menu

Has anyone been to both the Falmouth market AND the Sav Market? How do they compare? I know that the Falmouth one is touted to be one of the largest, in that it draws vendors from all over the island (as in hundreds of vendors). I've been to the Falmouth mkt, but not Sav. Is the Sav mkt mostly produce/food/wares or is it crafts (hoping to avoid a purely craft mkt). What day of the week does the Sav mkt operate?

User Info Menu

I was only in Sav mkt once about 10 years ago, remember it as being closed in. I was at Falmouth mkt 2 years ago, a lot of it is in the wide open, its quite spread out, more fun and interesting than what I saw in Sav... I bought a packet of mouse poison because I enjoyed the guy's hawking spiel: "Dries the mouse! No Smell!" And then there are the underwear salesmen who wear the garments to advertise their wares. They are serious about their business!

User Info Menu

I would love to know where the big produce market would be..like the L.A (california)veg market. I miss my market days in los angeles and was always wanting to get to one in jamaica...and what day would it be? Thank you in advance..I want to experiance it when I come back but need direction..~bless~

User Info Menu

It is on Wed..when the cruise ship comes in..also had alot a vendors on Friday too...We would take the route taxi about 3 times a week down to Falmouth-alwasy picked up something from the vendors..really good stuff and good prces..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I was staying at Silversands during the cruise ship grand opening, we went and saw Shaggy perform in town it was jam packed!
    Trip #59 most of February