Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Bay/Office of Nature

User Info Menu

Bloody Bay/Office of Nature

Our 1st time to Jamaica we stayed at an all inclusive in Montego Bay. Our 2nd trip- Grand Pineapple Negril. Our 3rd trip was Couples Swept Away and renewal of our vows. Our 4th trip we decided to avoid the All Inclusive and stayed at Bar B Barn.

This time, we are staying at The RIU Tropical Palace in Bloody Bay.
    Of all of the times we have been to Jamaica, have never been to Bloody Bay.

Looking for advice on Bloody Bay. Sounds like mostly large All Inclusive's and no small resorts or bars. Can anyone confirm?

I am very excited about going to the Office of Nature, but it seems to me there is 2 different OON?? If I remember right, there is the old (original) and the new OON.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Joleen

User Info Menu

Yeah its mostly large all inclusives....if you walk down the beach towards the Riu Negril there is some vendors and a wonderful little place that BBQ's fresh lobster right on the beach....you have access to the Riu Negril as well if you are staying at the Tropical Palace....so you kind of get two resorts for the price of one.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

As you walk towards the beach out of your resort. Walk right down the Bloody Bay Beach. First you will see Sunset at the Palms resort..then the "New" Office of Nature, they have a nice circle bar on the beach. keep walking past that and your next stop will be the original Office of Nature..I recommend the original..great guys!

User Info Menu

Muzikdoc- thanks!! So glad to hear the "original" is still around.

User Info Menu

Didn't stop at the new Office, but the original was a great time. We will be on Bloody bay the second week of Feb. Enjoy...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Theres another cool bar down the beach close to Riu Club....Forgot the name,but all tables made of stcks and they have lobster and beer.... The new Office will charge you $4 bucks for a Red Stripe soooo????? You will ove the beach though.

User Info Menu

The "New" office is located where the old one used to be. Owner built a bar and restaurant building. The "original" guys moved on down the beach..and are now running "the original office"......here it is if you want an idea of what it looks like.

User Info Menu

Thanks Orchid!!

User Info Menu

Question: It's been many moons since I was on Bloody Bay. From the threads it sounds like it is a pretty busy place. The last time I was there (1995) it was pretty empty. Do they still have the "no higher than a palm tree" rule? Is Orange Bay still undeveloped?

User Info Menu

Yes, to the no higher than a palm tree rule, but now there is The Riu Negril further up in the area that was underdeveloped