Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safety

User Info Menu

Safety

We went to Roots Bamboo one night last year and had a great time, it was a bit of a walk but worth it. However, on the way back which was late, it seemed a bit shady, not much lighting and approached by some not so friendly vendors. It made me a bit uncomfortable.

Is it better to take a taxi back after a night out there or anywhere else down that way?

User Info Menu

it can get a tad spooky late at night.....if alone..DEFINITELY take a cab......even if just two/three women I would suggest it

User Info Menu

It's actually me and my fiance.

User Info Menu

If you are not going far, I suggest you walk by the road instead of the beach -- just remember to walk facing the traffic and keep alert for traffic. But as Ed suggested, a taxi is always a good option.

User Info Menu

years back I woulnt worry, but with the money situation the way it is, and under those condtions .......I would do the cab ride in ANY country..its not that much in comparision...........keep a pleasnt trip going.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

grab a red plate route taxi mon.....their around even at that time of night........
    it's inexpensive and very convenient.........white plates are expensive and not insured
    mi can't even remember the last time mi walked da beach after dark in Negril........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

safety

Negril is a beautiful and safe place' but you do have to watch traffic.....drivers are fast and some are very high!

User Info Menu

I walk the beach at night alone or with someone, never a problem for 33 years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    I walk the beach at night alone or with someone, never a problem for 33 years
    Things are changing and maybe you should too, not only from locals.
    Doing this for 33 years means you aren't exactly spring chicken and might be seen as an easy prey for crime of opportunity:-)
    I am chicken and always take additional precautions when out at night, at home and away.

User Info Menu

I agree with sevensaints....things they are a'changin.....not a good idea to walk the beach alone at night. Take a taxi......