Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety

User Info Menu

Things have changed all over the world ............ some places worse then others .............. there are areas in my home town I would NEVER, and have NEVER walked in even during the day .................. so why would I walk late at night, in a foreign country, past places I do not know ? ?

Negril has reputation for all night parties but in reality most people are pretty tired after a big day and turn in early .............. lots of beach places close up early in the evening ............ so there are places where the only people around are not looking out for your best interest

Unless you can find a larger group to travel with, get a taxi .............. they are cheap cheap cheap

User Info Menu

Yeah after sunset we generally use the road to access any of the places that we are going. We have a family of locals that look after us while we are down there so we have never run into any kind of problems but its always best to be safe then sorry. To me the beach is best enjoyed when the sun is out shining!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post

Negril has reputation for all night parties but in reality most people are pretty tired after a big day and turn in early .............. lots of beach places close up early in the evening ......
    If we had stars this one is a 10!

User Info Menu

We were staying only three places from Roots, and should have walked the road. Walk on the road or take a cab. There are few people on the beach behind Roots at night, and the ones that are there tend to be troublemakers.

User Info Menu

How about skinny dipping right in front of your place of lodging?Dont want to offend any one,but can't pass up a clothing optional opportunity.

User Info Menu

My husband and I have been walking beach at night for as long as I can remember and we've only ever had one uncomfortable encounter and that was quickly resolved and has never occurred again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by limeex2 View Post
    How about skinny dipping right in front of your place of lodging?Dont want to offend any one,but can't pass up a clothing optional opportunity.
    Post a pic so we can determine how much we may or may not be offended:-).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sevensaints View Post
    Post a pic so we can determine how much we may or may not be offended:-).
    That's great!!!!
    Last edited by booger; 01-18-2012 at 02:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Nobody wants to see me and the gf would be mad because it was a bad hair day.... ;-)