Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going TO Jamaica Solo Again!

User Info Menu

I've gone solo and enjoy it. Stayed at Toby's in Montego Bay once for a few days and then off to Negril. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably not have spent that much time in Mo Bay, but maybe instead would have went to Treasure Beach or Jamaica Jewel in Duncan's Bay for a few days and then onto Negril.
    Last edited by Maryann; 01-17-2012 at 10:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Solo is the way to go. You may want to bring a stick; lol....you'll need it to beat off the men wanting to spend time with you.

User Info Menu

Solo first time for me really looking forward to it!!!!! Wouldn't choose anywhere else!!!

User Info Menu

Cool

In Negril, I love to stay across the road from the beach.

Alot quieter, no crowds and you have alot of privacy.

The Coral Seas Garden has a very nice swimming pool too.

They have 2 queen beds in every room and the grounds are full of tropical plants and bamboo trees.

Sometimes, a person just wants to get away from the beach crowd, so just cross the road and voila, you are there.

You can sit on the veranda and not have to watch a million folks walk past your room.

It is located across the street from Bar B Barn and next door to Sunrise Cafe.

They take real good care of you and have the best housekeepers in Negril.

AC, A safe in the room,phone in the room,cable TV, swimming pool.

You can't beat the place.

There is a nice little grocery store across the road from Coral Seas Garden and plenty of eating spots 5 minutes away.

Tell them Markospoon sent you.

You will have a blast staying there.

User Info Menu

Well, Guys I've been thinking.................. I am still a little in between on making a final decision though. I'm thinking of spending maybe 3 days at Royal decameron, it seems to be for the couples or the solo adult crowd. I'm staying 9days /8nights in May.
    Then I was thinking of staying the rest of my time at Seastar because I liked the privacy on the cliffs when I don"t feel like being bothered. I liked not being on the beach because it's so busy and I am at a place that I like to chill and lay back, but want action when I want to be bothered.So that canceled the Treehouse out. I also loked at Rondell Village on the garden side it looked appealing, but I have to have a place that serves great food and the Seatar fixs that bill, I love the food there!
    I was thinking of doing alot more tour this trip then the last trip in May of last year. I've stayed at a couples places in Mobay over the years such as Sunset beach, but don't care to be around alot of familys going solo and all. Also I stayed at Holiday Inn sunspree, but that was with my son and nephew.
    I love to dance and see thgs that I've never seen before, but get bored very easily. I just don't know what to do?
    Everythg got so expensive over the years in jamaica. It's definetly isn't the way it used to be as far as getting around, tours,food, etc unless you guys know somethg that I don't. I know about inflation, but my goodness!
    Beachgirl, how was the food at Royal Decameron? It's all inclusive right?
    I still need more info guys, sorry for being so uncertain I really want to make this vacation count this year.
    Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Copper350, The Coral Seas Garden does not have their kitchen open.

Everything else you are looking for, you can definately have at the Coral Seas Garden.

Privacy, but still close enough to the action, just cross the street.

Your local friends are welcome to visit you withoput a hassle.

It feels like staying on the cliffs.

Nice view of the Morass behind the swimming pool.

Check out the pictures on the internet and you will see what i'm talking about.

So, good luck, i wish you well.

May should be low season, so the price should be around $62 bucks a night for the best little family run hotel in Negril.

Tell them Mark sent you!

P.S. Free local phone calls from your room too.

User Info Menu

What does anyone know about the Banana Shout Resort on the west end looks wonderful. If reveiws come back and they have availablity I think I will give up Seastar to stay there for the entire week and just eat a couple of meals at the seastar, and I love the sat night parties at the seastar so I can still go.
    Markospoon,I will check out the coral sea gardens and see what it is your talking about.
    This Banana resort appears to be very relaxing though and I can just go to action when I want to and come back to peace and quiet!

User Info Menu

Ok Marko spoon, I think that you are on to somethg here!
    I love the price and what you seem to get for it. I know from traveling to Negril for many years now that it's about the culture, food , atmosphere,fun,peace of mind on vacation without spendimg loads of money on a room that you really don't spend alot of time in for me anyways.
    I like the freedom of moving about to places I want to visit and eat if I choose to. I love the central location,being near the beach if I want,price, and privacy.
    Again I will visit Seastar to eat I love their food!lol I think that I have made a decision guys! Thanks Markospoon

User Info Menu

Copper, the Royal Decameron has a good selection of food... and a nice combination of local food (which I love) and North American type food (that lots of other people enjoy). Yes it is all inclusive. All the water stuff is included, even a guy that will take you out on a small sailboat to cruise the bay. The hammocks are to die for when you need to put your feet up and of course the entertainment can be great (the decameron dancers) or mediocre (tourist participation). They have a disco on site which depending on the crowd that is there can be a ton of fun. Additionally Margaritaville (more tourist though) and Pier One are great for late night parties ( my personal fave is Pier One). I like walking down past the hip strip, there are lovely gardens and of course the famous pork pit with delicious food, doctors cave if you want a different scene.... I like shopping at some of the local 'malls' and bigger stores in MoBay. You don't have to leave the resort if you dont want... but I like going into MoBay to look around even the movies once (long story how I got there, but glad I went..lol)! The staff really make it great. I love that it is 5 minutes from the airport too.
    Seastars food is sooooo good. Best quesadilla I've ever tasted was from there.
    good luck!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Been a long time, 15 years maybe, since I stayed at Coral Seas Garden but if it's still the same Markospoon is right, very nice - good price. I am, however, a fan of the cliffs Xtabi is gorgeous and has cheap rooms across the road. It's been a few years but I thought there kitchen was very good. Blue Cave castle doesn't have a ton of amenities but the rooms are sweet and your staying in a castle RIGHT on the FREAKING EDGE of the cliff. I'm staying at Home Sweet Home this trip, a little pricier - $110 US high season - but not too bad for a room with a private verandah and seaview directly on the cliffs.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?