Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going TO Jamaica Solo Again!

User Info Menu

Going TO Jamaica Solo Again!

Hello Boardies,
    Just wanted your lightbulds about this topic! I'm going to Jamaica again alone. I did not think that this was going to happen, but New Boyfriend didn't turn out to be what I thought he was! Decided to break up with him, but still need to have my yearly fix of Jamaica.
    I love going in May it's beautiful! Realize this trip that I am thinking about splitting my trip in between MoBay and Negril.
    Going solo again, but went last year and stayed in Negril, and at times felt a little lonely at times.
    I don't want friendly men to get the wrong impression if you know what I mean so I spent some times with a couple of female friends I meet on my trip while staying in Negril. I've stayed at Seastar which was a wonderful experience going solo. I want to explore a little more tours this year when I go.
    I like to explre and be busy, but relax when I want to. I am a people person, but loner at the same time. I need that balance.lol I'm a 40yr old single female that likes to eplore, love adventure, meeting people and having fun.
    Any suggestions on where to stay in Mobay for a person that likes to have fun, but going solo? Also, staying at Seastar again for certain when I go, but i'm feeling a little sidetrack about going alone again even though I've been going to Jamaica for years solo and with others. Any suggestions or comments o topic? Thanks Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

I love going Solo..My own time with my own agenda. Better to go alone than with company that turns out to be a real drag-and some people I dont know well enough or have traveled with them to want to risks my precious travel time to find out I should have just went alone..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Why the split??? Do have to stay in Mobay ???? if not I wouldn't....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

i had the same thoughts about Mobay, there is nothing that would draw me there--solo or not. I have stayed in Mobay twice, once at Toby's and once at Gloriana's when I had flight issues and had to unexpectedly extend. Both times I was so wishing I could just hop back to Negril.

I have traveled solo to Negril many times and love it. I have stayed both beach and cliffs and found that the beach is a better fit for me as there is plenty of opportunity to get social if I want to, and the west end is a short cab ride away.

User Info Menu

stay at Toby's if you are going to MoBay solo.........but it's a lot more expensive overall than say Negril...........
    mi have stayed in MoBay probably half a dozen times for various reasons but Negril is really the ticket.........
    heading to SeaStar Inn myself in 5 days.......for the second time........guess mi have 5 sleeps......yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Your right guys maybe i'll slpit my stay on the beach for half on the cliffs at Seastar. Thanks i'kll be checkin on the beach maybe at the treehouse again for the first half and seastar at the sscond half. Where is there a good bar to hang at on the beach going solo without all the hassel?
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

I'm going to play devils advocate... I have stayed at The Royal Decameron in Mobay a number of time and always have a blast.. its easy to travel as a single female (I'm 45) and have never had any problems..Pier One is a lot of fun, as are some of the great tours based out of MoBay (eg, zipling was awesome). I think the perfect vacation is seeing lots of Jamaica... Negril, MoBay, and all of the other beautiful spots. Mobay does have pros and cons just like Negril.. I think my perfect vacation with be one week at royal decameron and 2 weeks in Negril. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

copper - JA is a great place to heal. Sorry it didn't work out w/your Mr.

[my usual disclaimer....these are just my two cents and only one persons perspecitve]
    I have mostly traveled solo and in my experience you do have be in defense mode (male or female) but soon learn to be gracious but tough regarding constant proposals (lol) although it can be exhausting. Its gonna happen though especially at the beach in my experience. I prefer to stay on the cliffs to be away from the "hustle" and bustle but it sounds like you want to be where the action is and I think that is mostly the beach. I swim at the beach, have a few cocktails and head to the cliffs for shower, chill, sunset, sleep (repeat lol). Many good places with good security on the beach but as you know from past trips you have to remain alert and make good choices solor or not. I would always mix in some RealNegril webcasts to find fun boardies to hang with and maybe take a tour with. And then if you are at a property w/good security you should be able to relax without much hassle but in the water or public bars the charming fellows will be round. Pick a larger place if you think you will get lonely. Time alone can be such a gift. I wish you a fun and inspiring trip Copper. Bless
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

My first trip was solo and I was there a week and did about 4 excursions and had a ball!!!!! Since it was my first trip I wasn't all that keen on going out by myself at night but I don't really do clubs here at home so I wasn't missing much. My last trip I did part in negril and part in Kingston. It gave me a chance to see a whole lot more of the island. I would love to do a Negril/Treasure Beach split.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

I like staying at El Greco esp on a Friday night in MoBay. Breakfast is included along with admission to the beach. Enjoy wherever you decide to stay!!