Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried the pizza at Samsara? Price?

User Info Menu

Has anyone tried the pizza at Samsara? Price?

I usually bring my own stuff down to make pizza for my friends but staying right by there so wondering if its worth packing everything? Down to single digits

User Info Menu

I did not try the pizza, but the spaghetti sauce was excellent -- and i am a foodie.

User Info Menu

would this be from Chaio Jamaica or however you spell it?

if so... I've been meaning to post this... we ate there last month... and it was an absolute train wreck. service was a joke, and I'm plenty patient when it comes to Jamaican service. But this was ridiculous... food took like 2 hours and the place 1/2 empty the entire time.

when we finally left there was this group who had consumed an entire bottle of red wine waiting for their food. the son had his face down on the table.. and the mother was pleading with the waitress.. trying to be as patient as she could be, but she was losing it.

I don't feel bad about this post at all... the bill for that meal was PLENTY and I'd never set foot in that place again without some glowing reviews.

We ate at De Bar twice after that for example, 1000 times better all around both times, and about 1/2 the cost. No contest.

Support good places with good people that have a good product, it's as simple as that.

User Info Menu

Wow Dub, sorry you had such a bad experience. We had just the opposite. The food was awesome. The service was attentive without being intrusive, although we did have to wait overlong for our check. The ambiance was nice. Overall one of the best meals of the trip. Didn't try the pizza.

Bless...
    Ed

User Info Menu

We had the pizza, 1/2 shrimp 1/2 jerk chicken. I really liked the shrimp half, not the jerk chicken half so much. I don't remember the price, but I do remember it was expensive, but that's probably because we got shrimp on it. I'm not sure, but it is probably more reasonable with regular pizza type toppings. Our service was good. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, although as the restaurant got busier toward the end of our meal, it took a while to get her attention for the check. My only complaint was that the menu prices were listed in US $$, but the check was itemized and totaled in JA $$. Not a huge deal, but after a few glasses of wine, who really feels like trying to do the math to make sure the prices are accurate.

User Info Menu

Yeah Ed, I hope we're talking about the same place because I don't want to bad mouth the wrong spot.

Almost positive though.. chaio jamaica across from samsara... that's got to be it.

I was pretty shocked honestly, because when you roll into that place it looks professional and neat and almost corporate... which is fine if that's what you want.. and that night that's exactly what we wanted and needed, but not even close to what we got.

I left out the part when they said they couldn't seat us inside due to reservations... and then that dining room was only 1/2 full all night.

Ok, end rant. Really don't like doing that but when it's warranted... I will.

User Info Menu

We went in March-April and though it was great! It is pricey and fancier than many places,but a nice treat. My boys Loved the pizza! Our waitress was super and the taxi driver that picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel was prompt, friendly, and had a nice van with a DVD player. They even deliver, which was nice on the those evenings we stayed in, traveling with three young boys. Most places in Negril can be very hit or miss, depending on the night or season, so it's always good to give a place a try for yourself.

User Info Menu

I know this has been a "labor of love" from the very beginning for Maurice & Sabrina, look forward to experiencing it for myself.

User Info Menu

We ate there in February and it was amazing! Wonder if they are understaffed in low season. We also had pizza delivered to our beach hotel twice and that was a good experience too. Was looking forward to eating there in July, hope they turn their problems around because the food was fabulous.

User Info Menu

are you guys talking about the food/pizza 'at' Samsara?

- or at the restaurant across the road? (and btw it's 'Ciao jamaica')