Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you smooth enough?

User Info Menu

Are you smooth enough?

Inquiring heads want to know.

Thwenty years ago, I was getting ready for another reach to Negril. I was all packed up and only had one more stop before departure. Gene the Marine (and Barber Stylist) had been cutting my hair shorter and shorter for years as there was less and less to cut. I was at the point where I could see the back of my head in the mirror without turning around. It was time to go boldly bald.

Gene hadn't had a request to shave a head in many years, but he had the necessary gear. His junior associates put down their clippers to study at the hands of the master. In a few minutes I was so smooth, there weren't enough O's to describe it. I liked it. My wife liked it. Even strange women felt compelled to waltz up and stroke my head. No unsightly hair, no hat head, and the even application of sunscreen was assured. I had discovered my last hair style!

As I left Sangster to pick up my rental car, a guy shouted out, "Hey, Michael Jordan!" It really was pretty unusual for a white guy to save his head. It was also my mother's worst nightmare, "But only black athletes do that!" "C'est la guerre, Ma."

I had Gene shave me one more time upon my return and then learned to do it myself. I was even better at it than he was. I aquired a Marblehead shirt while visiting that historic village an reveled in the sly smiles of people I passed as I strode about wearing it. Our next reach to Negril found us at Sunshine Plaza to stock up on our way to Secret Paradise. An American woman approached and asked if I was from Marblehead. 'No, he is Marblehead!" my wife retorted. The next morning as we were paying for two beach chairs at Cosmo's, a gal excl;aimed, "OMG! It's the mon I been telling you about. It's Marblehead!" My new moniker was confirmed.

I started to think of myself as the self-described president of the Smooth Headed International Travelers club. It was my joke and I felt no need to induct others. But the burdens of my office weigh heavily upon me as I grow older. It's time to pass the mantle and I call upon my fellow travelers of the smooth persuasion to place their heads in nomination. No ugly attack adds. No promises unkept. Most importantly, no flip flops. Just the bare facts. Are you smooth enough to be declared the second president of the Smooth Headed International Travelers club?

Name:  Negril 2006 111.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  89.3 KB
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

lol! I keep telling my husband that I will shave my head one day in the future....so tired of hair

User Info Menu

Excellent story! It's a great look for you. When my ex-husband started going bald, he tried shaving his head, but ended up looking a little bit like Dopey, so wore a hat until what was left of it grew back. Some men are very sexy bald, but it just didn't suit him.

User Info Menu

LOL....I will tell my husband, he is a long time member as well. In fact, I have never seen him with hair....except the little that grows back when he goes more than 3 days without shaving it hahahahaha
    I will tell him to submit his entry!
    Ha!

User Info Menu

I have no shortage of hair but can't stand it....my dad who is balding just shakes his head at me when I shave my head....been doing it since my days as a professional wrestler....here's me in Negril almost freshly shaven....and a little tipsy!

Name:  kory003.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  60.4 KB
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Bald is beautiful Plus, it saves on shampoo!
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

I've always thought about shaving my head but i took the other route- me n 2 of my brothers- sorry just had to add it lolName:  me rick n dave.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  13.9 KB
    Woman! Wake me when its time to go! Ouch!!
    Ok Sweety would you like me to set the alarm so we dont miss our flight-

I love you buttercup lol

User Info Menu

hope to c ya on the beach- jan30-feb14

I love you buttercup lol

User Info Menu

I may get there one day, Marblehead, but I'm just not ready yet. Love the story though, my haircut has gotten shorter and shorter over the years. Had it down below my shoulders about ten years ago 'cause I was playing soccer and scoring goals, it's been steady and consistent recession ever since My avatar is from St Lucia in 2008, I need to cut it MUCH shorter these days...

Newfie, we'll be there Feb 4-11 on the cliffs, I think I'll recognize YOU if I see you. That wicked face, my God, I'm surprised the system let you post it!!
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

lol- ur a funny guy- guiri- hope to c u there

I love you buttercup lol