Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wine - Best place to Buy Btl ?

User Info Menu

try value master, cheaper than HI-LO, although same company, and Dave the green colored grocery wholesale, next to Kings Plaza also has a decent selection

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Any stores at the airport that sell decent wine? I know, it will probably be more expensive, but if they have some decent wines to choose from, it's worth it to me. Last year I was on Ambegris Caye in Belize and they had a cheese, wine and sausage shop. I was in heaven!
    Brian...the closest we can get to a wonderful cheese, wine and sausage shop would be Mega Mart. They have the largest selection of wines on this side of the island & on the other side of the store they offer a deli w/a selection of meats & cheeses!!

User Info Menu

The lady will be happy to hear that L&M has wine at good prices!

Rooster...we'll be there the same dates as you!

Marko...soon come for you!

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Thanks Bnewb. I'll give it a try. I'm not counting, but 33 days! Is it weird to say I'm not ready yet? We haven't had enough snow in Cleveland for me to say, "I gotta get out of here!" Our first big snow of the season was last week, 8 inches. It's gone. We had rain and almost 60 degrees yesterday. I'm sure I'll be ready in 33 sleeps! I'll be looking for some good cheese and sausage! BTW Bnewb - I tried an online search and could not find an animal rescue in Negril. Is there one? My wife and I volunteered at a humane society in Belize last year and wanted to do the same this year, but don't want to travel to MoBay or Ochi to do it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    BTW Bnewb - I tried an online search and could not find an animal rescue in Negril. Is there one? My wife and I volunteered at a humane society in Belize last year and wanted to do the same this year, but don't want to travel to MoBay or Ochi to do it.
    We've had a wonderful group come in and set up a spade/neuter clinic a couple of times a year...but no official animal rescue organization. The only ones I know of are in Montego Bay and Ocho Rios...also in Kingston I believe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin, PA View Post
    Marko...soon come for you!
    soon come for you too!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

anyone know if maga-mart has box wine

User Info Menu

Yes, the Chinese store has better price. The problem with the wine in Negril at the stores is it sits in heat for a long time and goes bad very quickly. Ihad to throw away several bottles during my two weeks last year.

User Info Menu

wine boxes

I did not see any boxes.......3 liter Carlo Rossi from the USA available, but if it is there to long it goes bad in the heat.

User Info Menu

One thing I like about the L&M store is they keep they're wine stock way back in the dark corner of the store. Never got a bad one outta there...or the for that matter the chinese stock either & i tend to buy way more from him.