Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: trip

User Info Menu

trip

We had a great trip again to Negril. My bother and his wife joined us for the second week at Rondel. We started at Catcha Gardens for a week and had a wonderful time. Jane the manager was very accomidating and a great host as were all the grounds workers and security and the place was very clean. We loved the two dogs pumkin and bell. It was like having our own guard dogs being they liked to hang out on our patio at night. They seemed to check on all the units through the night, they were great. I would certainly recommend catcha gardens as a great affordable and safe place to stay on the cliffs. We had stayed there before when it was part of the LTU. Plus being across from LTU bar and close to Wise Choice store makes it a great location. All the familiar characters that we have come to know over the years were still there so made for a wonderful time on the cliffs. We then moved down to the beach to Rondel which is our fav. place to stay on the beach where as i said before my brther and his wife joined us. As uusal I can't say enough about Rondel, has always been a great place to stay. This time we took a portable umbrella, I think I should have taken a bunch of em because I could have sold em in just a few minutes lol. Criss 55 also had a sun shield tent that was very nice. While at Rondel we had our house keeper Donna, wonderful person cook up a fish dinner for us. It was out of this world. Delroy picked up the fish for us being he knew where to get the freshesh fish. We though that was great because he did not have to do that for us but we had asked him where we should get the fish he and offered to get them for us. Both Donavan and Delroy were great bartenders . About the second day there we got a call from my brother Tom who was looking after our house that it had got to almost 50 below and several of our pipes had busted . Alot of ppl in our town had the same problem but he had his construction crew take care of what they could and was able to get a plumber in right away unlike alot of ppl because so many homes in the area had frozen pipes too even tho the snow is up to our eyeballs. Its been so cold for so long that the frost has reached 6 ft deep. almost unheard of so right now it is mandatory to keep the water running from all faucets right now.The night we got home we got another bad snow storm so today we have a loader coming in to move some of the snow because we no longer have anywhere to put it lol.This is the first time living in this house in 38 years that we had to get a loader in. Our luggae was lost for two days which seemed to make the jet leg last an extra day. We finally got both suit cases delivered late yesterday lol. We wont be able to make it next year because we are finally moving to south florida next year. Will be great to finally retire out of the cold and snow , plus be much closer to Jamaica. Thats it for now, Have a great day everyone

User Info Menu

Re: trip

Sounds like you had a good time Shaggy,thanks for sharing and good luck on the move south!

User Info Menu

Glad you had a great time on holiday, sorry to hear about the pipes busting. You won't have those worries in Florida thanks for sharing

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Love Rondel! Delroy & Donovan are great guys! We love hanging out at the bar with them and shooting the breeze. Yep, portable umbrellas are a "must" bring, hehe. Glad you had a nice vacay.