Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving from MBJ to Black River or Treasure Beach

User Info Menu

Blue Marlin would be fabulous for a group or extended family trip. [hi nige, been a minute since i've seen you around!]

I'd take a look at Irie Rest in Billy's Bay. Have several friends who swear by it and the price is well under $85/nt. There's a friendly fisherman type bar on the beach in Billy's Bay that I hung out at, and there are cookshops in several spots around TB. With a car it doesn't matter as much where you stay, those without cars tend to stay around Frenchmans or Calabash, to walk easily. You can do those or Great Bay or Billy's Bay, or stay inland a bit, even.

I think there is a bar on every bay beach...more than one on Calabash or Frenchmans. I didn't see one at Great Bay but was only on that beach on a Sunday morning

I've only stayed at villas in TB, plus Mar Blue which is NOT cheap. But I would be happy most anywhere there...have also looked at Viking House and would stay there too, nice vibe around the place.

treasurebeach.net is good place to look for places but so is http://treasuretoursjamaica.com/index.cfm - the latter has a few places to stay that the former doesn't (and vice versa).

User Info Menu

we are booked in negril for 17 days, we will be going to the south coast,BELMONT , right beside the peter tosh gravesight for an overnighter, paying less than 50 a nite for a beauty guest house, you should plan to stay overnite, if planning the south coast, by the way PELICAN BAR is well worth the trip, so is BLACK RIVER, soon come