Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New to the board...3rd time to Negril..

User Info Menu

New to the board...3rd time to Negril..

Heyyy Im Breana

Me and a good friend of mine will be going to Negril From March 3rd-10th. It's my 3rd time going in the past year and his second.. But it will be my first time doing the whole tourism thing. My first trip last march was to meet my father and his family.. It was a solo trip which was kind of scary and exciting at the same time..but I fell in love instantly with everything about negril, I also made a lot of mistakes like no knowing that taxis will scam you and charge you 5x the price.. But I still loved it and booked my trip back as soon as I returned home...

My second trip was in June of last year and I stayed for 2 months this time.. And I stayed with my family (who own Archway pizza on west end) my second trip was much better than my first... I made tons of friends on west end.. Like Bunna, Troy, nocka, Ninjah and Ricardo and sooo many more!! I also learned that if you take a taxi from beach road to the plaza by burger king and then take a different taxi from there to any where on beach road I'll only spend 200J$ as opposed to 500-700J$ like I was charged the first Tim..I also went to jungle for the first time which became a weekly thing..

Anyways this time we will be staying hidden paradise where I stayed my first time, It very simple and I love that.. Because I only spend the hours I am sleeping in there.. I don't need all the extra stuff.

User Info Menu

Welcome to da Board!

dat taxi thingy can be ruff for travelers that have never been told how it operates.......
    mi had to figure it out by trial and error cause there was no Internet when I first went to Negril.......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

And, if you politely ask your Route Taxi driver to take you direct (avoiding the transfer at the bus depot?) for an extra $100J, he will oblige. At least that's been our experience. We have never had to switch Route Taxis or go to the depot. If we are at Xtabi and want to go to Alfred's we just ask "$500J direct to Alfred's?" and the response has always been affirmative. YMMV.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Welcome! Noticed your name right away because I have a daughter named Breanna.

User Info Menu

Hi Breana! I think I know some of your family! Have a great trip in March!

User Info Menu

Breana...you weren't necessarily overcharged, you're paying what's called a "charter price"...they go where YOU want to go at an agreed upon rate.
    A route cab is similar to a bus system...cheaper, set fee & anyone along the "route" shares the ride.

What a wonderful opportunity...staying with your family for a couple of months! If you're part of the Archway family...you're pretty much related to everyone in the West End!!