Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Scourge of Litter and Burning Plastic

User Info Menu

It also should be noted that while for (most) of us, trash and litter has become a priority, for Jamaicans and people in other third world countries, their priority is food in the stomach and a roof over their head. While perhaps habit may be a small part of it, I think it is something that will never be resolved until the people have a more sustainable life.

User Info Menu

"Tough to teach an old dog new tricks...teach children better habits before they learn our poor, old habits! "
    Well said.

User Info Menu

Bet & I were talking about the amount of trash we saw along the road and how ugly it was. One of the drivers I hired for a day stopped at a store and bought something to eat and drink. Later during the trip he swerved over across the other lane and threw his trash out the window. I felt like making a comment but did not.
    Sad thing is the same thing is happening along our roads. Beer cans, soda bottles, fast food waste, etc... accumulate pretty quick. The only reason it doesn't look as bad is the public service crews recruited by the Sherrifs dept and the adopt a highway groups. I live less than a mile from a fast food place and a Mini Mart and you wouldn't believe the stuff I pick up from my property.
    Steve
    [http://daisypath.com]