Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Appleton tour

User Info Menu

Appleton tour

i would appreciate any feedback on tours of Appleton Rum. Daytrip?
    With falls reach too? AND Pelican bar?
    i am looking for a fun daytrip with newbies.
    thanks everyone!

User Info Menu

I've taken this tour a couple of times, last time w/ newbies a few years ago. It's interesting, they loved it. It was in conjunction w/ a visit to YS Falls, my personal favorite. Falls first, then Appleton. I suppose you could also add Pelican bar to the day but that might make for a long day. I've also done YS, Appleton, Lover's Leap - which I've read is now closed. It probably also depends on your alcohol intake. At the end of the Appleton tour you can sample away from the many offerings of rums they make. At the start you'll be served the strongest rum punch I've ever had in JA. It is a fun day.

User Info Menu

I was looking into it myself, tripadvisor has a lot of reviews about it. Most people seem to like it, though the cruise ship passengers from MoBay were all scared for their lives on the trip there. I heard it is $25/person (whether or not they drink, or their age) and the tour lasts ~30 mins. I believe you get a rum punch and to try 12 different rums (basically drink as much as you want) but not the good stuff, (or the great stuff, or the amazing stuff). I think we are going to pass, mostly because I will be the sober driver and I'm the one who bleeds rum. If you buy bottles there I hear it is just a little cheaper than anywhere else, except duty free.

"Diesels love their oil like a sailor loves his rum"
    March 2006 - Blue Cave Castle | November 2007 - Beaches Sandy Bay | November 2008 - Blue Cave Castle/Rockhouse/Grand Lido | March 2012 - Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

We went a few years ago and combined Appleton, YS Falls and the Black River in the same day. We stopped somewhere for lunch and toured Sandals @ Whitehall and made it back to Negril probably about 7pm.

The Appleton tour starts with 1 (strong) rum punch and ends with an all-you-care-to-drink tasting of almost any of their products (the 21YO was not included).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    At the end of the Appleton tour you can sample away from the many offerings of rums they make. At the start you'll be served the strongest rum punch I've ever had in JA. It is a fun day.
    LOL....Yep! You are definitely right about that
    We did the tour with YS Falls, Black River Safari and Appleton Factory a few years ago, and I have definitely had my share of strong rum punches (just ask Lisa and Rob HAHHAA) but I can still remember that one at the beginning of the tour, whew!

User Info Menu

Maybe it was becaus ewe were a small group, but I think we took more tha an hour on the tour including a lengther respite in the aging warehouse. The alcohol is evaporating out of the oak barrels. Evaporation is a cooling process so it's a nice place to chill out and get buzzed at the same time. Then they took our party of six to a small tasting room where we sampled until we couldn't take it anymore. Make sure your driver knows of a clean restroom for the ladies on the way home!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    Make sure your driver knows of a clean restroom for the ladies on the way home!

good advice - I'd forgotten that the women in our group really didn't like the gas station restroom we had to stop at for them