Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ACE rent a car

User Info Menu

ACE rent a car

Anyone ever rented through them? The rental is really through Danjor Car Rentals. It looks like it will either be that or Island...
    March 2006 - Blue Cave Castle | November 2007 - Beaches Sandy Bay | November 2008 - Blue Cave Castle/Rockhouse/Grand Lido | March 2012 - Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

I haven't. But I know a TON of people who rent from Island, and love the service.

User Info Menu

Jim and I are also thinking about renting. With the cost to Treasure Beach. From there to Negril. Then on to Duncan's Bay. Back to Montego Bay. About 350.00 not including tip. Do you have umlimited miles????? I would also like some other imput from the boardies who have rented.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Oh liz knows quite a bit..I'm looking for my rental in June to either be Dhana or island..they both have webpages..I vote for you to get a car rental..Most seem to have unlimited miles..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I don't see anything about unlimited miles on Island's website, but I can't imagine I would go over the miles on a week rental. I'm not even driving around the island. I think we are going to go with island, as that's what was recommended. We aren't considering Dhana, only because their cheapest car is a hatchback (I want a trunk) and manual transmission (my wife don't do stick shift). And we have a World Mastercard that will cover insurance in Jamaica, so we are ready to roll. Thanks Ohliz for the recommendation!
    March 2006 - Blue Cave Castle | November 2007 - Beaches Sandy Bay | November 2008 - Blue Cave Castle/Rockhouse/Grand Lido | March 2012 - Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

I have used Island 3 times now and they are great. I have found cheaper rates, but chose Island because of their reputation and because they are a larger company with multiple locations in case anything should happen to the car. Our last trip we drove from Mobay to Port Antonio, then Kingston, and then across the south coast to Negril. The roads on the north coast from Negril all the way to Port Antonio are a breeze. The south coast is another story. From Kingston to Mandeville was good, but from Mandeville to Negril the roads got pretty rough, especially around the Whitehouse area.

You may want to check rates at www.carrentalexpress.com

I just checked rates for a week in March on car rental express vs. Island's website and they are $25 cheaper a week. I have booked through them once, but the last time I called Island and told them about the cheaper rate and they matched it.

Safe travels