Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Blue Hole

User Info Menu

Blue Hole

i haven't read much on here about blue hole.. it was one of my favorite places to go during my last trip, though the jump down was awfully scary and sometimes painful. i think it is a must see location for anybody... it has a pool, a bar and of course the blue hole (natural mineral water)

Its in Brighton.. its somewhere you would have to get a charter taxi to go.. i believe regular route taxis dont go to brighton only bike taxis.. i was fortunate to have a family member with a car who also frequently visited brighton to see his mother..

anyways just sharing some thoughts.

whenever you are going you should definitely check it out.

User Info Menu

Blue hole is fun, we go there every year, and it's only a short drive out to Brighton. Very scenic and curvy roads..

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50137270866000
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Name:  jamaica 2009 me and nicole 198.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  98.5 KBName:  jamaica 2009 me and nicole 202.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  96.2 KBName:  jamaica 2009 me and nicole 216 (Small).jpg
Views: 378
Size:  76.2 KBName:  jamaica 2009 me and nicole 217.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  93.9 KBName:  jamaica 2009 me and nicole 196.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  98.2 KB we visited this blue hole several years ago. it was near roaring river.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

don't you love it there? soon come---again!!

User Info Menu

I guess there are two blue holes as those pictures are not the one in Brighton.

Name:  IMG_0620 (800x598).jpg
Views: 300
Size:  91.1 KB
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

The pix above are from Roaring River - that Blue Hole has been developed for many years. The one in Brighton just opened a few years ago.

User Info Menu

The Brighton one is a nice place to go, Waba is an awesome host, and the water is amazing. I personally find the one at Roaring River a bit of a cash grab, rasta at main gate charges to watch your car / bike / roller skates, walk 1 mile to the blue hole, pay 8 bucks / person to get in behind the fence.. UGH... So a family of 4 ends up spending close to 100 bucks usd just to walk around. Lucky for us our friend Chris lives there and we don't have to pay those fees and we've discovered nice minerals springs in the roaring river area outside of the blue hole (Roaring River).

The Blue hole in Brighton has been opened only for 3 years, they are building nice guest house with many rooms above the blue hole, there's also a beach volleyball court, a nice pool and of course the hole in the ground. My kids love it there, and the cost of entry is a beer at the bar (poolguy would have no problem there.. LOL) and tip for the guys that maybe called upon to save your bacon in the hole. The one in brighton is a "must visit" location, water depth in the hole itself is in the 20 - 25 foot range (I swam to the bottom to check for myself before jumping in), and there are shallow areas for you to stand in, if you want to rest. Bring your own floaties if you like or use theirs.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We had a blast there. Waba and the rest of the crew are very nice and accommodating. Wear your water shoes going down that ladder, though, if you have tender feet.

User Info Menu

Thanks Breana, I will go there this next trip in February.

I am a water person, mighty Aquarius, so anywhere there is water, I will enjoy.