Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just arrived home fun holiday = f@#k holiday

User Info Menu

all 8 days no room for limo mon

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    So you got bounced for the duration of your trip or just a day or two?

In a weird sort of way, this could be interesting because we have not heard from reviews about the Palms ....
    Booted for 8 nights was told the canucks took over from travel web site.
    asked for 3,2 or just 1 night but no room for me.

Palms was taken over by the bank, repairs being done and has long way to go. The beach in front of the Palms was small only 2 chairs wide and when tide came on Monday no beach, but was back to the 2 chair wide in 2 days with help from rake Mon piling up sand. Food at Palms was great way over priced. Staff was great security was good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Love that end of the beach ........... less hassles, quiet, wider beach, Ossie's Jerk Shack across the street, etc.................. stop next door at Lena Inn Ting for a great breakfast ..............
    Limo mon has no hassles with anyone, Didn't see the wide beach by the palms????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maddiedog View Post
    oh boy-we are booked there from April 7-14. I guess we will just let the chips fall as they may~am excited to hear your trip report
    If you booked with Travel web site your properly good, If you book direct you might have problems.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    i have an email thread between Nicole and I that is actually quite funny -- I inform her of her hotel's rate on various sites and ask her to match it, and she keeps coming down 10 dollars but won't match the rate I can get at HER hotel with the push of a button .... It's actually quite funny, though unintentionally so on Fun Holiday's part ....
    My info is that they sell all the rooms A year ahead time for hot dates, Fun Holiday hopes they don't fill up so they make double for the nights the travel site has no one booked.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    FWIW, FH agreed to match a RIDICULOUSLY low AI price that we were quoted on BookIt. We ended up at Kuyaba(Tam's call, not mine), though.

Even if you got one of the unrehabbed old rooms at the Palms...you are ahead of FH, in my book...

And, in general, I do not understand why a hotel won't match a booking site's price. The hotel has to pay a commission to the booking site, so they are ahead of the game by simply matching the price. Also, I don't understand why a hotel won't split the travel agent's commission(10percent) with you if you book direct with the hotel. Its poor business practices and is simply cutting off their nose to spite their face.....
    My info was that hot dates are purchased in advance and the web site ran A deal to sell the rooms.

User Info Menu

When I was looking at booking there over New Years I emailed the hotel directly first for availability and they were full, but there were 2 or 3 websites that said they still had availability and would allow you to book it online. I chose not to because I knew I would get there and have no room so I can see how that keeps happening.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

what does "booted" mean? did fun holiday arrange travel to the palms? - immediately give you your money back? did they select the palms or were you given a choice or could you have just hooked up another room any place?

inquiring minds want to know :-)
    Last edited by Seveen; 01-21-2012 at 05:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagal View Post
    When I was looking at booking there over New Years I emailed the hotel directly first for availability and they were full, but there were 2 or 3 websites that said they still had availability and would allow you to book it online. I chose not to because I knew I would get there and have no room so I can see how that keeps happening.
    Info that Fun Holiday told me was if you book with the web you should be fine. It's when FH tries to make in house booking praying the web site dosn't sell all the rooms. Vernon told me he gets paid from web site about year in advance, so if they dont sell out he can make almost 2times on the room

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    what does "booted" mean? did fun holiday arrange travel to the palms? - immediately give you your money back? did they select the palms or were you given a choice or could you have just hooked up another room any place?

inquiring minds want to know :-)
    Booted= I didnt stay there.
    They had the Palms booked for me but tried to get full rate. They knew 6 days prior to my arrival they where over booked.
    Nicole had my E-mail and home phone. Big Vern aka Vernon aka Bill had my personal cell phone and home phone. This room was booked with Vernon directly as he was selling me on the place back in 2011. $99.99 for ocean view for my wifes birthday. There was no immediately nothing, was game to get me to sign credit card slip with me thinking ok no ocean view ok just give my keys to any room and I'll talk to Vernon later. No key wanted me to sign credit slip biggest push by staff was sign credit card slip for the $200 deposit. He wanted to be paid in cash small bills . Lets charge your card $800 and when you show up give me cash and he would credit the card back. I wouldn't go for that so he said give 200 on card 600 cash on arrival. After I sign credit slip then I was told we over booked but we have room for you at the palms. They drove us to the palms. Played game with him for 2 days before we worked out A deal and I paid him the balance in cash. They said will give deal next year LOL. In the end save some cash and now working on that 200 charge back trying to stick them like they stuck down at the palms. Biggest point was the 200 if they would hand me 200 cash back I would went on my own.
    Was put on pre paid card if they credit card take 10 days to get it and I needed for my room cost. Should went back to Sunset on the beach. Sorry for the venting Limo Mon

User Info Menu

wow - so you paid fun holiday and they paid the palms for you?

sorry for the rough start - i hope the rest of your time was better