Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mom's Place, Yea or Nay?

User Info Menu

Mom's Place, Yea or Nay?

Wondering if anyone has stayed there and has good points/bad points. We have stayed at many places on the beach over the 8 years we have been going to Negril. I prefer the cliff but my girl prefers the beach. We will be staying only for a few days before heading to cliff. I think the North part of the beach is so busy and over run that Mom's would be a good alternative. Also would like to benefit the locals and I feel a smaller place like this would do the trick. I appreciate any feedback.

User Info Menu

Have stayed at Moms' and Bar B Barn almost same price and you get more at BBB, better shower (hot water) beach chairs, free breakfast (BBB), both are nice people, BBB has in room safes for $3 a day, Moms' wants you to trust their people.When the price is about the same my choice would be BBB, incase you don't know : their next to eachother on the beach.

User Info Menu

Mom's use to get a lot of press on here as a nice place to hang.......
    and wi never heard much on here about Bar B Barn till the last couple of years......
    guess places have their high points and low points on here depending on the year..........
    that is the old T-Water section of the beach which is very nice........
    and a lot of mom and pop operations that you can spend your dollars at that aren't expensive......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

mom's added some spanking new rooms last year
    yes i think it's a good choice
    nice section of the beach
    close to everything - food, alfreds, town

User Info Menu

Man, 1 trip, i used to have breakfast at Mom's every morning.

I can't remember the name of the cook, but she was a darling lady.

She would come out and talk to me about what I wanted for breakfast, not the waitress, but the cook.

Then she would go back into the kitchen and prepare the best, and I mean best omlette this side of heaven.

She put TLC in her cooking and you could tell.

She was gone during the low season and I don't know who is cooking there now.

I would stay at the Coral Seas Garden Hotel, right across the street from Mom's.

The Coral Seas has 2 beds, AC, safe in room, (just leave a deposit and get it back upon check out).
    Telephone in the room with free local calls and a swimming pool.

Maybe you should check out the Coral Seas garden.
    It is a family owned Hotel and very safe and secure.

I think the prices are 72 high season and 62 low season.

Call them directly, ask for Juneene and tell them Mark sent you.

P.S. The cleaning ladies are top notch and make you feel like family.