Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: After 10 years.. heading back to the West End

User Info Menu

After 10 years.. heading back to the West End

10 years ago the wife and I stayed at Xtabi (the cottage over the cave #6 I think) and had a great time!! now we are planning our return for early May.... no doubt staying on the Cliffs again and I know who I will be using for Airport Transfers / trips... but we are torn on where to stay.... pondering an Xtabi return or trying a new place either Catcha or Banana Shout... TP looks nice but too much $$ for this trip and reports of a lot of kids are a turn off (no offense to the parents here) .. just not what we are looking for... we plan to chill alot, dring a little and take a trip or 2 .. mostly just enjoy the nature and people!!

So come on boardies.. what's the scoop on the 3 ... it's not 2002 anymore
    BTW How long of a walk is it to 3 Dives from Catcha?? we LOVED hanging out there... what are the cool little local owned places near each "resort"... to hit up.

User Info Menu

Eddie's Bar & Grill, Great people, Great food, bonfires every night. Across from Sunset on the Cliffs.

User Info Menu

Although I've never stayed at either place, Banana Shout is very intiguing. Rustic and very "old school" Negril, which is something I personally love. Catcha has great reviews, is beautiful and unlike Banana Shout has a pool. Also the restaurant and bar at Catcha is very well liked. Check out the Negril Map for nearby places and a sence of distance to 3 dives.

User Info Menu

Highly recommend Banana Shout - great location, lots of privacy and only 4 cottages (2 cottages Dolphin Bay and Dolphin View closest to sea). The owners Milo and Marianne are wonderful people as are all the staff. Banana Shout is right next door to Catcha (& Rick's) and restaurants nearby are Shark's, LTU, Seastar Inn, Ras Rody's..and many more in a reasonable walk..walk towards the lighthouse and past to Out of Town Pastry for great patties & coco bread...lots of little bars in the area. Great grocery store - Wise Choice close by.
    Guessing 20 min walk to 3 Dives.
    Many people love Catcha but we love that Banana Shout has far less rooms & people and less $$$ (when comparing sea front rooms)...have never seen kids at Banana Shout. We stay at Xtabi as well, garden side and have been to the bar/restaurant at Catcha.
    Going to finally read "Banana Shout" at Banana Shout this year.
    Will attempt to post up some pictures for you shortly.

User Info Menu

Here are some Banana Shout pictures. Can't beat the view you wake up to!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

User Info Menu

and if you need a pool, head up to Seastar Inn - great pool, people and don't miss Happy Hour 4-6

User Info Menu

stayed at catcha last year "fan-tas-tic" great resteraunt great to lay in the sun very quiet and private, "NO YOUNG KIDS"