Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden Paradise

User Info Menu

Cool

Always a nice stay. Very pretty yard.
    B.

User Info Menu

Stopped in to take a look around last Feb. So this year I'm at Hidden Paradise for three weeks, Feb.6th , Looks like It'll be all I'll need!

User Info Menu

Stayed at Hidden Paradise 1st time Jan. 2-9th 2012

I just stayed at Hidden Paradise for a few days & some aspects I loved & other things need improving. I was in Rm 108 which is way in back part of hotel on lower level, per my request I wanted to be in back so no road noise. The patio was wonderful & I loved sitting outside in nice breeze overlooking flowering gardens. I had 2 chairs & table on my large patio & was very enjoyable to sit outside unless the dogs were barking across the fence or roosters crowing all times of day. Later I found out that a female dog was in heat & teasing male dogs in fenced yard so I understood their barking but did not enjoy listening to them. I watched hummingbirds flit through the gardens & really enjoyed nature & other friendly guests that introduced themselves on way to the pool. Pool was pretty cold but I swam in it once. Hot/Cold Tub while sat in sunshine all day was cold always but my little Jamaican neighbor girl enjoyed playing in it. Would have preferred it be heated & could enjoy warm bubbles. The view around the pool was awesome, great morass or palm preserve is beautiful. Palms, hills in background & sunrise or glow from sunset was very pretty plus very nice cool breeze blowing all the time. Nice quiet area to relax around the pool or eat a meal there. I ate breakfast there & the food was fine. TV in room was rarely watched but had decent variety of stations to watch. Shower had plenty of hot water so no issues there.

Staff was friendly & kept my room clean, no complaints with staff at all & check-in was a breeze even though I arrived before check-in time. Beulah my maid got me extra towels & ashtray that I requested, she got me whatever I asked for with a smile. Towels I had were new & absolutely no issues with towels or wash clothes. Sheets were old & not high thread count that I am used to but that's pretty much JA standards. I had 2 double or queen beds (not sure which) in my room & 1 bed was okay, mattress about 3" thick & older but okay. The other bed I did not use cause it felt like it was a box spring & not at all comfortable. While the rooms are old & could use some updating, it is an older property it was okay for the price. I did not mind crossing the road for beach access & Mama Flo's had wood frame lounge chairs that a local set out where I wanted it. Plenty of beach & many were eating or drinking at Mama Flo's so I assume it was good...I never ate there.

Shamrock store was couple of doors down from H.P. & that was very convenient & liked the worker there. He was friendly, honest & fair exchange of US money to JAs & prices were reasonable on everything. I loved getting semi-frozen bottles of Diet Pepsi to take to my frig in room or to beach. I got addicted to Coconut Cakes/Coconut Bread or Jelly Roll they sold there, my favorite snack that I ate for breakfast or snack. Having a store within easy walking distance is great & it saved the cost to taxi into downtown for HiLo store shopping. Short walk to Alfred's Ocean Palace Bar which is so nice after drinking just to have short walk. When I was too lazy to go to Alfred's, I sat on my patio & heard Yellowman sing, that was cool. Biggs has a barrel jerk bbq right outside of H.P. & his chicken was absolutely delicious! We ordered food as we walked back from Shamrock store & he told the guard when it was ready & he called my room. Mickey got the catsup sauce on chicken but I skipped it, less messy & you could taste the smoke flavor in his moist meat...Yummmmmy! Bread was delicious too & price reasonable. Fed the cats my leftover chicken & bones & they came to visit me each night after that to see if I had more. They did get leftover fish from lunch so they ate good while I was there...LOL

In Room Safe was convenient but I did not expect to have to put up $50. US cash for key deposit. I expected to charge the deposit but they require cash deposit so be prepared. They returned my cash when I turned my key in the last day. Turned out to help me as I spent most of my cash that week so I had money for way home. I really liked the attitude at H.P., no hassles when I had local friends come visit me.

Walked down the road short way cross road to One Mile area & ate lunch at restaurant there & was very good BLT sandwich & cheap. Had a massage from ladies next door which was incredible. I gave them pair of tennis shoes & $20 US for hour of full body massage in their little hut. Very nice & great hands, definitely use them again although I did not get their names. Usually stay farther up the beach & found I liked this end just as much. I do prefer staying on beach side to watch sunsets but room price was $20. more per night to stay on beach side so since it was a thrifty trip, the H.P. met the requirements of this week. Would I stay there again, many guests are repeat guests & have their favorite rooms. Next time I would want a newer mattress but other than that, no issues!