Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Real Bar

User Info Menu

For Real Bar

I read that For Real is being renovated and has changed names....is the bar still operating with the same people?

User Info Menu

i believe i read a trip report that said for real bar is closed and the lady who ran it now runs another bar or something of that sort.

User Info Menu

That sad! That was my favorite bar on the beach!

Name:  DSCN2509.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  98.3 KB

User Info Menu

I agree with you Southern rust it was our go to place on the beach. Many good times we are going to have to find a new place in a few weeks when we are there.

User Info Menu

Sunbeach...right next door to the old For Real...ROCKS!
    Or, you can go a bit further down the beach where you'll find Robert & Maureen....see link below...
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=maureen

User Info Menu

Definitely going to miss it. Does anyone have pictures of the renovations?

User Info Menu

For Real is no longer hot pink bldg but a boring beige color. The pool is bright green & is definitely not being maintained. People were staying there in January but the beach bar was not open yet. Beach bar will no longer be run by originals & prices are gonna be high as they are catering to higher priced guests. Rooms have been renovated & big wide doors open to balconies. Looks like they might have taken out walls to make bigger rooms.

The cheapest cold beer is now at Firefly just past Sunbeach where the naked people stay. I will definitely miss Pops & other bartenders that I would go visit when I stayed at Coco La Palm. Here's a pic from Coco of the Sandy Haven pool Name:  100_2637.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  100.2 KB

User Info Menu

OMG...that pool looks nasty!!! Wouldn't even dip my toe in that cess-pool

User Info Menu

Oh how things change! My last thought of Firefly was eating at Sunbeach and all of a sudden a very large woman and a very small man (in both ways....LOL) come running out straight toward the ocean. I go no problem with nudity, but just not while I'm try to eat...HAHAHA.

I'm really gonna miss that bar! Meet some really cool people there both local and from abroad, and of course you could not beat the drinks and cold beer!!!

Name:  DSCN2711.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  92.8 KB
    One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits You Feel No Pain!

User Info Menu

not to worry southernrust. Robert & Maureen opened their own place down the road. and from the looks of it, they got the same nice vibe goin'.

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ight=sunnyside