Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice quick - Freaking out over recent Negril Escape review on T.A.

User Info Menu

Great choice. Bon fires at night, music, and tranquility.

User Info Menu

I'm a little late here...

The last few years we stayed at the Westender for at least a week each time and stayed in the Second floor corner room with a balcony in the new building - can't remember if its called the Almond Suite...It is fantastic...no better views in my opinion! It is sooo private but open and nice furniture (read actually comfortable) Big couch and a chair or two in the room and a kitchenette...we asked for a hot plate last time. I loved staying out there but I understand the dilemma of not walking to see other action. But it is so easy to be dropped off anywhere you want and walk all day if you want. You might not feel you are part of the "action" out at the Westender but it has a sweet vibe and you don't feel like you are in the middle of the tourism machine. The other aspect is meals. Part of the fun is checking out a variety of places. We used to go in town every day usually and check out lunch places and then head home bringing some snacks or planning on eating at the Westender. It's a great place, at least it was for us.

User Info Menu

Stayed in back 2 Africa last November, I enjoyed it very much.. It had hot water, but it is the last buildingin line so it took like 5 min to start running hot.. I just started the water a while before I got in.. Problem solved.. I liked the house keepers and even face book friended one.. Now I haven't read that review, but I have stayed there 2 times in the last 2 years. It isn't the ritz, but I love it there

User Info Menu

I for one think you made a mistake, you can't beat te location, or balocony views of the escape..walk out of te gate and your where u wanna be.. Good luck though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpso View Post
    I for one think you made a mistake, you can't beat te location, or balocony views of the escape..walk out of te gate and your where u wanna be.. Good luck though
    Jason I know when I was asking about N.E back in the spring you gave it a thumbs up. I expect you are still right. After discussing it with Bet and going over reviews and recommendations for both she thought she would be happier at Westender. Her ideal vacation is relaxing on the deck or under an umbrella reading a book in beautifull surroundings. I am more active and like to explore. I'll either have a lot further to walk to explore or will have to take a shuttle. Maybe I should take a page out of gerryg's play book and get a scooter I hope to get a chance to check out N.E. myself on one of my walk abouts.
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

I have learned through experience not to take all reviews to heart. We all have different measures.

User Info Menu

Take all reviews with a grain of sand and a shot of rum! That TA review was from nitpicker who wasn't going to enjoy and chill no matter what. It didnt have a coffeemaker.....waaaaahhhh. And the only pick he posted were clearly sand flea bites! LMAO!

I understand your SO's desire to be on the cliffs and just chill, and since it may be her/your last JA reach for a while, you should "go for it". Westender is a very good choice for what your wife wants. I expect it was significantly more$$$$ than NE, though....anyway, you will have fun, just get your cliff swerve on and you;ll be fine.....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    Take all reviews with a grain of sand and a shot of rum! That TA review was from nitpicker who wasn't going to enjoy and chill no matter what. It didnt have a coffeemaker.....waaaaahhhh. And the only pick he posted were clearly sand flea bites! LMAO!

I understand your SO's desire to be on the cliffs and just chill, and since it may be her/your last JA reach for a while, you should "go for it". Westender is a very good choice for what your wife wants. I expect it was significantly more$$$$ than NE, though....anyway, you will have fun, just get your cliff swerve on and you;ll be fine.....
    This trip more than the others will be for her relaxation. She is a bit stressed out with the job situation. I'm not going to go into all the details but her boss(s) are not handling it properly.
    Actually the cost per night is a bit less. The wonderfull person I talked to at Westender offered us a bit of a discount. I do expect the trip in general to cost a bit more as breakfast is not included and extra cab fare or scooter rental.
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Xtabi I'm not sure if it has AC, but i will vouch for Westender Inn -- that place is amazing .... Sunset on the Cliffs is nice but a bit rustic plus major security issues. Sometimes, there is no security at all out front at night .... Also, there was an issue of theft from one of the rooms ....
    No security out front all night? FFS. Never staying there.

Xtabi cliff huts do not have a/c nor tv nor telephone.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

"Xtabi cliff huts do not have a/c nor tv nor telephone. "
    Sounds so ideal for me at least!