Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Pushed the button on a 2 week stay!

User Info Menu

Pushed the button on a 2 week stay!

The husband and I spent an amazing week in Negril back in Aug 10, and we fell in love with the people, the atmosphere, heck we fell in love with Jamaica. We immediately started saving up for our next trip, but we knew a week wouldn't cut it the next go round.
    We had a family cruise in October that took us to MoBay for the day, we contacted Rocky who picked us up and took us back to Negril. We knew it was time to book the next trip. We have pushed the button and are heading back to Country Country July 1st until the 15th.
    Cannot wait, and looking forward to 2 weeks of bliss!!!

User Info Menu

Congrats. I am sure you will have an incredible time. The guests at Country Country are VERY loyal to that resort .... among the best breakfasts on the beach, everyone says .....

User Info Menu

Yes we are very loyal to Country Country, luckily Monique the manager held my hand through booking a longish stay.
    Best breakfast indeed I can taste the banana pancakes already.
    I read that Norma's has closed, I am heartbroken, had my heart set on her Cocanut Chicken the first night back.

User Info Menu

No way - is it true about Normas?????
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

I was there about a 1 1/2 weeks ago. I believe it is under new management and maybe just re-opened. I had never been to the old Norma's but always heard it was one of the best restaurants in Negril. If our experience is any indication they have a ways to go to achieve that reputation again. The coconut chicken was a thin chicken patty that had a coconut breading. Sorry to disappoint you Jbizek but to me it was really dry and tasteless. Hopefully all this will improve with time and I don't rule out giving it a second chance.

User Info Menu

While I am happy to hear Norma's is open I am sad to hear about the quality. Way back in 2010 it was perfectly cooked,but what sealed the deal was this amazing coconut sauce in the bottom of the plate. We ate there the last two nights and were never disappointed. What we found very funny was how surrly our waitress was the first night but when she saw us walk up the last night we were treated like the prodigal son! I am sure we will try it again. I had read it was being turned into a Mexican place.