Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Catcha Falling Star....Pisces

User Info Menu

Catcha Falling Star....Pisces

I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in this room. I know it is small and kinda near the road, but my wife and I are just looking for a nice spot on the cliffs with simple accommodations.

Also, we have a friend who is considering coming with us. If he does, would it be better to get a 2 bedroom and which is the best?

Thanks guys!!!

User Info Menu

Hey Rust - there is not a bad room at Cathcha. By far my favorite place to stay in Negril.
    Have not stayed in Pisces but it looks plenty big and not near the road. New pool and amazing decor. Sea views are AMAZING!!!! Food is also OUTSTANDING but moderately priced so I ate offsite and onsite to save some $$.

The two bedrooms are gorgeous and you would feel like ROCK STARS!!! IF you can swing it$ go for it you will not regret. If its good friend sharing the cost is more economical....just depends if you guys need privacy
    Scroll down for pics of Pisces.

http://www.negrilonestop.com/catchaf...r_photos.shtml
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Pisces is indeed near the road. If you were to jump the fence my guess would be about 30 feet, so not directly on the road, but close enough to hear some stuff. The lot across the street has a lot of dogs and my last stay the folks staying in Pisces mentioned that they could hear them barking. So if you are a light sleeper go for another room or bring some ear plugs.

If you want a two bedroom you have a few choices. You have Star and Moon which are cottages, with Star I believe having 2 king beds and Moon a king in one room and two doubles in the other. Moon sits right behind Libra near Pisces and Star is closer to the newer building off the path from the main office. Moon seems like it would have less foot traffic from guests. The newer building has a couple of 2 bedroom suites and if AC is a deal breaker this is where you'll want to stay as Moon and Star currently do not have it.

User Info Menu

Pisces has AC so you can tune out night noise if you care to turn that on. It also has a lovely outdoor shower.

User Info Menu

There was only one bed in Pisces when I stayed there a few yrs ago. It was cozy with 2 people. Can't imagine 3.Enjoy....

User Info Menu

Oh yes, not good for 3, you'd want a 2BR. All the 2BRs (or the newer 1BR suites) have living rooms and porches. And a kitchen(ette).

User Info Menu

I stayed at Gemini I which is next to Pisces and it was GREAT! Gemini's rooms are about the same size as Pisces' room. You will spend a great deal of your time on your shaded veranda or the bar or the cove or the pool. HAVE NO FEAR!

User Info Menu

We have weighed a lot of the options as far as staying on the cliffs, and we keep coming back to Catcha!
    How often do you see the dolphins...if at all?

User Info Menu

You have picked the right place
    Catcha is the best!

We saw the dolphins almost daily, or at least when we were chilling at our place on the cliffs....which was pretty much every day since I didn't want to leave lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    You have picked the right place
    Catcha is the best!

We saw the dolphins almost daily, or at least when we were chilling at our place on the cliffs....which was pretty much every day since I didn't want to leave lol
    I saw dolphins nearly daily on both reaches in 2011. Good choice.