Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realistically...how quickly can you plan a trip?

User Info Menu

Quickest ever notify to fly was 50th birthday party, but Coleen had pre-planned, notify at 5 in friends plane headed to ORD at 7

Airfare Thursday fly Saturday a couple times, but that is with caveats, rental car company in MoBay has always had a car, we always have a Jamaica bag ready here, we have a lot of stuff in Negril and we are willing to room shop once we get there (Blue Cave Castle, Heartbeat, Kuyaba, Caribbean Delight are just a few of the no reservations places we have stayed)

Not so much today now that Worry Free & Ryan & a couple other charter air companies are gone, but in the day last minute charter airfares were un-believable discounts.
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

I have bought tickets one day and traveled the next. If I have money--there is nothing holding me back. I pack pretty light-- as long as I have a couple of swimming suits, flip flops, a few tops and shorts etc, I am good to go. I have picked up sunscreen, sarong and towels down there before. Spur of the moment trips can be the best.
    Last edited by irieworld; 01-22-2012 at 11:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Hahahaha.... Last year it was three days notice! It was great!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

I have never know for sure more than a month in advance. We just got back yesterday and didn't know until 2 weeks ago that we would be able to go. I am not sure I could stand booking and having to wait for months. We are both self employed so it does make it easier to wait and be able to go when plane prices drop

User Info Menu

you can play a trip the same day and bring it off successfully once you have what it takes...tha funds!! grins with rob lol

User Info Menu

Once you know, you go and once you get there you can find a place to stay on your way to Negril from MoBay. Once you get there you'll get a chance to get your bearings. There is always space available close to where you want to be.

User Info Menu

Sounds like it is do-able. Great!

User Info Menu

Any time I can drive the wife nuts until instead of NO! She says just go,I am gone in days!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

five minutes ....

User Info Menu

I decided to go on a Friday and was on the beach Monday. Would have been sooner if I hadn't had out of town company staying with me that weekend. And this was from Int'l Falls, MN...aka..the edge of the planet!