Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realistically...how quickly can you plan a trip?

User Info Menu

This is good news! I just won't be sure if we really can go until *almost* the last minute.

User Info Menu

REALISTICALLY?? if only I had the cash for a trip I would show you! I think I could realistically book in less than one minute and 30 seconds flat.I would throw everything in a bag that would take up to 2 minutes and I can be at my local airport in around 30 mins so realistically 33 minutes 30 seconds top of my head guesstimate just need the cash now

User Info Menu

haha. Tic, it'd go like that for me too. I live 15 minutes from my airport...

If I had the cash (and vacation time) right this very minute I'd book a flight on my iPhone and find a place to stay when I land.

BTW: I am worried my boss-man won't let me take vacation in April. I gotta do something about this job. Really? I mean, they should schedule events and plan on releasing publications I lay out around when I'm not planning a vacation. haha. Having to work is such a drag. LOL
    Last edited by brasi; 01-23-2012 at 09:49 AM.

User Info Menu

OMG Brasi you do not follow RULES do you?LOL if I want a vacay I am taking a vacay meetings shmeetings life will roll on without you break the rules lol

User Info Menu

Sigh. I know...you are right. I am working on being more of a rebel. For a guy in a band I sure am geeky/lame. LOL

User Info Menu

Brasi don't let Tic get you fired LOL!

I'm so not that spur of the moment. Even when I decide to just go, I'm always at least 2 - 3 months out from my projected depart day. I could never wait until I got there to book a room. I need to KNOW I have a place to lay my head. One day I will be a little bit more of a rebel, just not today!
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Decided on a Wed to fly Friday, called Onestop, got a room, worked out great!

User Info Menu

I was planned a return trip while I was still in Negril - booked and everything. Went home, dealt with what I needed to deal with and was back on-island 3 weeks later.

That's about as spontaneous as I can do with my life the way it is. Damn, I can't even plan a "spontaneous" trip to the North Coast due to "responsibilities".

Poo.

User Info Menu

I've gone with nothing but the airfare booked. Off season you can get some good rates if they know you'll just head down the road. A couple of caveats I wish I'd known the first time. First, they may ask you at immigration where you are staying. Give them a hotel name, any hotel name. If you say "I don't know yet" they may force you to make a long distance call to book a room. Just have a name ready. Second, if you don't have transportation prearranged your driver will almost certainly try to steer you to accomodations with whom they have arrangements. Not necessarily bad, I've had it work out, but it helps to be clear that you want to rate shop. Let them know what your budget and your lodging plan is and they'll generally be pretty helpful as they'd like to be your transportation hook up for your trip.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

for example - i intend to be in Negril Feruary 12ish for 8 nights - but i havent booked anything - although i have been window shopping rates - probably wont book anything for at least aonother week..