Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realistically...how quickly can you plan a trip?

User Info Menu

Realistically...how quickly can you plan a trip?

Ok, I'm just wondering if anyone has travelled very spur of the moment. I'm trying to plan another trip to Negril this summer for just my husband and myself (leaving the child at Nana's house!). Unfortunately, I won't know if it will be a definite thing until perhaps a month before I'd like to go. I would buy our tickets then but would love to wait until a few days to book a place. I'm looking to go the first week of July because we just can't make it in June. I know this is slow season so I'm not too worried about not finding a place and we won't be too picky. Has anyone done something like this? Usually I like to have everything planned and paid for long before the trip.

User Info Menu

I've decided on a Tuesday and left on Friday. It can be done. Just start emailing about prices for rooms so you have it all lined up,then when you are sure email again to make sure there is still availability. No problem
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

I've planned a trip in two weeks..

mind you i didn't have a passport at the time since it was my first time going to Jamaica in a very long time.. so i also had to fly to miami to go to the passport agency so i could get my passport the same day.. one month is plenty of time as long as you have everything in order.

User Info Menu

We have used NegrilOneStop and I really like them. I was thinking about calling them up the few days before (I've been in contact already) and saying, "Ok, what do you have available???" Like I said, we are not going to be picky. I'm actually going to try and do a low-budget AI so we have the basics covered and have extra money. Rastagal, did you wait that long for your plane ticket also?

User Info Menu

Wow, lol...that is last minute! We have our passports so all we'd have to do is book air and room. I would love to wait for the last minute on the plane tickets because our dates our flexible.

Administrator

User Info Menu

At a Happy Hour years ago in Columbus Ohio, some friends bet me I wouldnt go to Negril that night.... needless to say I won that bet... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

My first trip I booked on Friday & left on Saturday morning - LOL! Another trip - maybe 1995, I returned on a Sunday night, quite late; broke up w/ my S.O. on Monday; returned to Negril on Tuesday. Of course, this was before 9/11. If need be, I'd still pull it off now.

User Info Menu

LOL@ Rob...I can definitely see how some adult beverages may have been involved in that bet!! But talk about the sense of adventure! Love it!

Yvonne, that is FAST!

Ok, so it looks like I could wait for both plane tickets AND hotel! WOOHOOO!

User Info Menu

I'm with Rob. I'd feel comfy hopping on a plane and letting the chips fall where they may...packing usually is an exercise in overindulgence....passport...cash, cc's...sandals...shorts...toothbrush, and a few shirts...boom...on da plane.

User Info Menu

As one wise boardie used to say ..BOOK ...PACK ...GO !! I have visited many times ..and seldom have booked a room before arriving ..sort of adds to the adventure .. and no problem mon ..