Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Got a question

User Info Menu

Got a question

I'm bringing the little man with me when I come in April and i'm trying to make a decision. Do I bring everything plus the kitchen sink with me when I come or should I send it early? He will have started his potty training by then and vacation doesn't stop the training so I need to bring potty plus a host of toys and other things to make sure he is as comfortable as possible. Plus I figure it will be easier to manuver through the airport withone less bag. So is what I'm thinking feasible or would I have to do the whole barrel thing (its truly not enough for any of that).
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

OR

Should I just stop and pick up the few things at the Mega Mart when I get there?

User Info Menu

mi votes for mega mart ...quick and painless ..and some new toy adventures for the pickney ..

User Info Menu

Ummm, you don't know when he will start potty training for sure but I hear you on looking ahead at the possibility. My mind may have you confused with someone else, but do you stay in a hotel or a local yard? I can't imagine an easier place to be with (especially) a boy at that stage. Of the little JA kids I know, I'm pretty sure no one uses a 'potty', they were straight on the toilet and outside. Jamaicans are more hands-on with children, they stay right there with them...

Good luck on your flights, that's the hardest part but after you are outside the airport its all vacation time your ways!

PS don't bring a ton of toys, and don't bring them out all at once until a few days into the vacation - just bring 1 out at a time, let him focus on what Jamaica has to offer, he doesn't need so much 'stuff'. An empty drink cup or two can be played with in many ways. Other than his very special something that he sleeps with, bring some things, but not a ton.

User Info Menu

Lola we are at a hotel. He'll be 18 months by then, potty training will be introduced!!

I may be over thinking this and I'm known to over pack so I think I may just do the Mega Mart run. He has a wheat and egg allergy so his favorite snacks I will be brining and I will let him enjoy the fruits and veggies of Jamaica.

Running around naked will be right up his alley!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the toy advice too !!

User Info Menu

yep mega mart would be my vote...I tend to over think as well especially when it comes to my child but less really is more, especially while in Jamaica...let him really "enjoy" his surroundings....he will surprise you on how much he enjoys the simple things