Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else like the Guiness when in Negril?

User Info Menu

had one last night at the Sunday Park bashment in Negril by the roundabout.......
    taste nice mon......it's not the same kind that wi get here in the USA........
    it's made and bottled here in Jamaica.........

Red Stripe Bold is this guys beer of choice........
    though less places carry it as compared to 2 years ago.....

Cool Runnings, Marko

Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

1. RS Bold
    2. Dragon Stout
    3. Guinness
    4. RS
    5. RS Light
    6. Heineken

For some reason, the Heineken in JA tastes blah to me...YMMV
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I will have the ocasional Guiness, prefer a hot Dragon, and am with Marko on the Redstripe Bold, its a real nice beer, but getting harder to find.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Red Stripe Bold????? WHA??

User Info Menu

I love the Guiness FES and was so happy when they finally started selling it here 2 years ago, it's much better than the other Guiness stouts they put out

I also love Dragon Stout and I even make my own here that tastes the same (I brought a few bottles back for a taste test)

User Info Menu

Not a big fan of Guiness or Dragon Stout, but I tried the Red Stripe Light Apple this trip.

User Info Menu

I love the Guiness FES. I heard it made it to US but not in my area yet. a home brewed Dragon sounds good too.

a warm Guiness after a semi frozen coconut wata is part of my JA hangover cure

User Info Menu

Guiness, Red Stripe, Dragon, Heiny... Just gimme a cold one and all is right with the world!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

I prefer Guinness over Red Stripe or Heineken. But it is different than the imported Guinness you get here in the States.
    I loved the old labels that said: Guinness is good for you! I still have some of them.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

Gotta try the Guinness, don't really care for it here in the states. I do enjoy the Red Stripe though. My wife loves the Rum Punch at Firefly.