Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jamica vacations

User Info Menu

Jamica vacations

Went to Jamaica for the first time in 1990, stayed in Montego Bay. Then went to other Carribean Islands for a few years, but came back to Jamaica. My wife and I love Negril. Before vacationing, I check for deals, not being cheap, but I like to get my $ worth. Since 2004 we have stayed at both Riu's in Bloody Bay and then go to the West End when we feel the urge. We have always had great times at the Riu's, with no complaints. We find this to be the best fit for us. I am not yet sold on the Seven Mile Beach. Just came back from Jamaica last week, was not impressed with Margaritaville, but have always enjoyed the sunset at Ricks. Are we missing out on some things by not staying at the other end?

User Info Menu

Try the seastar inn hotel on the cliffs of negril.It is very close to Ricks cafe you can get to explore and see a lot of things that you probably did not by staying at the Riu.
    It depends if you like to explore and try new things or if you love to stay in and on your hotel grounds 24/7.
    There is a new daytime beach party about to start anytime now .There are also concerts at Negril Escape a hotel on the cliffs that has lots of famous people performing for instance Bob marleys sons and similar calibre.Have you ever been to the reggae bars or nightclubs on the 7 mile?Are you interested in music?
    There is a lot of nightlife to be had with a lot of famous people hanging around and performing if you like that.There are farms and private land where you can fish and relax or dine.There is a lot going on that you are probably missing out on but it all depends on what kind of things you enjoy.
    Tell us and we will let you know.