Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: torn on dates

User Info Menu

torn on dates

i havent booked my trip yet - and the main reason - i cant decide what concert i want to see vs week id rather go...

id like to come the 11th to 19th, and i realize Beres Hammond is playing the 14th and thats all good - but im way more familiar with Tarrus, and know i would love his show.. however he isnt playing tell the 28th - and being that i am back with my kids march 12th - its not only putting off longer then i want but also puttting the 2 pretty close together - which i am not sure my boss will dig... however i have good job security - i could do it if i so choose.. cant decide..

How is Beres' show? i know he is a big name - just dont personally have much of his... man id like to see she's royal live.. its driving me a little nuts!.
    Last edited by jasperpso; 01-24-2012 at 03:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Tough call. Beres and Tarrus are 2 of my favorite singers. Both put on outstanding live shows. Beres has one of the best backing bands in reggae (next to the Marley's). Tarrus usually has Dean Fraser with him on sax. He is great.

I want to go to both shows!!!!

User Info Menu

Name:  concertjungle.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  77.5 KB

Don't forget about Toots & the Maytals on the 21st. Should be awsome!

User Info Menu

I will also add that Toots is an amazing show!

I have seen just about every Reggae artist / group / show and Toots ranks up near the top (except of course for the Marleys, though I may be a bit partial on that one).
    He puts on a great show, every time!
    Though Beres is great and we all know I love Tarrus, so really, its not a horrible problem that you have!

Beenie on the other hand is a different story I have seen him many times and used to be a huge fan but his last show (maybe last two, but definitely the last one) made me realize I will probably never go to another again. He showed up late, came on stage and sang about 5 seconds of a couple of songs and then left.....the whole place booed louder and longer than he was even on stage. It was very disappointing, especially because I had seen him put on some really great shows in the past. I sure hope to hear differently on this Feb 7th show!

User Info Menu

Toots might be great, but I am even less familiar with him then beres.. no, its Beres or Tarrus, as much as I would like to see Tarrus, I think I would rather go for the dates for Beres.. I am gonna keep thinking on it for a few more days..
    Last edited by jasperpso; 01-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Yes, but what I meant was Toots is an amazing performer, even if you had never heard of him, you would enjoy that show. An amazing entertainer he is.
    I have taken people who don't know anything about reggae to his shows and they have LOVED him. That's the sign of a great performer
    You wouldn't be sorry, for sure.

Beres is classic lovers rock reggae, also very good and you will be surprised that you probably actually do know quite a few of his songs and didn't even realize. I would say go with your best dates, all of those shows would be good (except of course Beenie as I mentioned before).

User Info Menu

I love Beres! Saw him in St. Pete a few years ago. I was so close his sweat dripped on me. I also love Tarrus but have never seen him perform. I understand your dilemma.