Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Tough break!

User Info Menu

Tough break!

3 1/2 weeks til holiday and I find out I have a broken bone in my foot. Bummer. Guess I will be making lemonade out of lemons and adding lots of rum!

User Info Menu

I broke my tibia in three places in the knee joint last year while I was there on day 10 of 21....its a great place to recover....trust me!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

I am going to be there about the same time and it wouldnt stop me from soaking up the sun. After a couple strong rum punches you will forget its even broken!! Soon come!

User Info Menu

I've been in Negril sick w/ a virus & w/ my arm in a sling from rotator cuff surgery. I'd rather be recovering there than here. The one time I did not go after a surgery was when I had foot surgery. I didn't want to risk having my newly mended toes stepped on, plus I was to keep off my foot as much as possible. If your doctor says it's OK, go for it. 3 & 1/2 weeks out you'll be halfway healed by the time you're there anyway.

I should clarify that getting stepped on didn't apply to being in Negril but being in airports, MIA in particular. Also, when I had my arm in a sling, people in Negril were concerned, kind, & helpful. Looking back, I'm not sure how I managed to pack & travel using only one hand/arm, especially when I'm right handed & that was my incapacitated arm. It was a challenge but I did it. Even at the airports, it brought out the kindness in my fellow travelers.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 01-27-2012 at 11:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Yeah last year everyone at the resort went above and beyond to make sure everything was as good as it could be for me after I hurt my leg. My friend Doc even went to Sav to pick up crutches and bandages to bind my knee.

[/url]

User Info Menu

I had "Grand Toe" surgery on my foot, and recovered there.....Vik 7.5s and Rum............No Pain, colorful sunsets
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Smile

I got in in pretty bad motorcycle accident out in Sheffield on the 2nd day of my travels..Nothing broke-but had to visit Dr. Grant and had a sprained knee(and nasty road rash allover)-Bought a walking cane from a woodcarver (crutches were insanely expensive) and just upped my quantity of rum, etc..and took more route taxis then am use to (i like to walk) But I'd rather be "laid up" in Negril looking out to the beautiful views and everything else that Jam has to offer than be laid up at home...Just go with the flow and make the best of it...
    Last edited by suzengrace; 01-27-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the support. I'm sure I'll be fine. Just more taxi rides and no morning runs on the beach. The nice thing about Jamaica is all the natural supplements to help you recover from the numerous injuries we all seem to get.

User Info Menu

I got a set of crutches in Sav for 30 bucks American.....

[/url]