Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Meet The People?

User Info Menu

Meet The People?

While researching I read about the Meet The People program through the Jamican Tourist Association. This sounds right up our alley. We tend to avoid a lot of the touristy type activities, but since we're planning a long stay I know we're going to need to find something other to do than sit on the beach. I'm looking for folks who have done this before? Was it fun? Did you feel like you saw the "real" Jamica? We love the idea of spending the day with new friends. Would you reccomend this? Any info or reports would be greatly appreciated! And if you have any other ideas for non traditional activities we'd love to hear about those too!

User Info Menu

Jbizek: I have not tried that program but thanks for the heads up.

Things to do other than beach: depending on the length of your stay, you may want to try a day or three on the South Coast. I love Negril...but Jamaica has a lot of nooks and crannies and cool little towns with lots to offer. Belmond, Treasure Beach...etc.

If you are looking for more specific recommendations...let me know. But my past reach, a few weeks ago, I realized that there are literally hundreds of new places to check out! I did 5 Negril days, two Belmond days, and then came back to Negril for three. What a blast!

Respect! Have fun...

User Info Menu

I moved around most of St Elizabeths so if you want any info pm me

User Info Menu

Any activities off the beaten path! We're not into the usual things like scuba, boating or horseback riding. The Meet the People involved meeting a Jamican who would take us and show us around for the day, that sounds perfect.
    Brasi were in Negril for two weeks and I don't see us doing any excursions that would take us away for more than an afternoon.