Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Help-Info-Caribbean Sunset Hotel

User Info Menu

Help-Info-Caribbean Sunset Hotel

So....Here is my problem. I've been lucky enough to be able to make two trips a year to Jamaica for the past several years. One in the end of April by myself, and one in the beginning of December with my wife. In December, we stay at different places (Catcha, GP, CLP,etc) as this is our only time alone together without the weight of the real world on us. Since this is the case, we try to make it as comfortable as possible. When I go in April, it is more of a de-compression trip than anything else. Usually, I stay at White Sands, which is like my second home (my wife loves it too).

Unfortunately, this year money is REALLY tight, and even with the great prices at WS it would be a financial strain. While researching other options, I came across CSH. I know exactly where it is, which would work fine as I could cab it anywhere for a couple hundred J's or just walk, but I have zero first hand info on this place.

It seems the reviews are ALL over the place, from "nice, clean, no hassles", to "this is the worst hotel in Jamaica". Price wise, it is dirt cheap, close to $500.00 less for my time there (10 days). I'm just nervous about the "unknown" factor. I don't need a lot in Negril, air and a safe are about the only two must haves, and these seem to be covered.

It would really help me if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this place. I'm at the point now of either going this way, or not going at all in April, and that would just suck. Any and all information and opinions would be welcome.

Respect

Kirt

User Info Menu

Definately go rather than not go.I have stayed there before, Ask for poolview room on arrival

User Info Menu

I would be a bit wary of this hotel .... But if you look hard enough, you can get rooms for under 40 dollars, even in high season .... For 50, you can stay in pretty nice place except maybe the week between Xmas and New Years ....