Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Update from Joe Cool re: airport transfer

User Info Menu

Update from Joe Cool re: airport transfer

Rather than bury this in an old thread, I decided to make a new post. Not a bait & switch, but an explanation from Joe Cool regarding the $50 price increase. Makes sense, but should have been provided when I tried to book.

"We charge $15 per person for a regular transfer but we have to get 3 or more people, if we get 2 more people before your arrival date then we will confirm your pick up. We couldnt take one person since we would lose that way."

User Info Menu

I was going to book with him as I saw he has the lowest price, but now since I go solo, I will find someone else. I agree, he needs to put that on his website. I don't think he would be losing as he would still make money from one person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NegrilIrene View Post
    I don't think he would be losing as he would still make money from one person.
    Reality check. I'm not sure what colour the sky is in your world. The fuel alone would exceed $15.

User Info Menu

even at $25 and $30 a head dem loosing money der.......trust mi......
    the minimum dem can run to Negril with overhead is probably around $50-$60 one way....
    so JUTA with dem ultra low rates is a bargain if you are willing to put up with their other transfers......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

It's absurd to expect solo transport for $15 or even twice that amount. I know Jamaicans get tired of tourists who expect everything for nothing.

User Info Menu

I may lose my temper here but WTF…….

My own son will come get Miss G and and I will put 100 each way in his hand…..not because he's my son but because I know what it takes for he and his red plate to come to Sangster………

You want to go to Jamaica and pay a whole lot less than you pay at home????

What you want is a time machine……..Back to the 70s……..

To all the boardies and Rob and Lisa I apologize for the rant…..
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I was a passenger of Joe Cool's just last week - he was awesome. He did pretty well with our group. We did something every day.