Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Sweet Home

User Info Menu

Home Sweet Home

We are beach repeaters doing our 12th trip in November. We went from Couples to Coco La Palm. Have never stayed on the cliffs. We are thinking of 3 nights at Home Sweet Home. Looks beautiful. Not real familiar with the cliffs. Only been there once at Catcha for dinner. A few questions....
    Is there air conditioning? Do you even need it in late November?
    Can you walk to any of the popular restaurants on the cliffs?
    Thanks for your help

User Info Menu

I have friends that just stayed there and liked it. small simple good for the price but not fancy. he asked for a window unit at check in and it was provided. Owner was very helpful in the accomodations. there are higher end places for more $. Very convenient to Just Natural, Sips etc. resatuarant / bar on site good breakfast was the report. When he was there it was quiet/ boring for him
    Also maybe check Moonlight Villas?

User Info Menu

I will be staying there next week and Sweetie Pie says I can do a trip report... They have been very helpful in advance of our trip.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

We, haha, we will be staying there next week
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Stayed there many years ago and don't remember having air conditioning. There were lots of windows, so I left the windows open and the breeze kept it cool. Enjoyed staying there. Had a beautiful view. There was a small pool and lots of loungers. At the time there was a bar and restaurant and the food and drinks were good. I ate at Pee Wee's a lot (he was still alive then), and loved the breakfasts there.

User Info Menu

great area to go snorkeling and it has a nice boutique setup der........
    though last week mi met a nice couple that mi shared a red plate route taxi with........
    and they were at Home Sweet Home and dem couldn't take the barking of the dogs across the street......
    so they moved out and went door knocking and talked to the gentleman in charge at Kaisers.......
    and ended up at Kaisers for $45 a night ......what a steal mon......they were very happy there.......
    hopefully mi didn't burst any bubbles but just passing along info that mi got first hand last week.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Kaisers is open? I thought the place was closed down.. Never saw any activity when I was eating at Just Natural.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Kaisers is open? I thought the place was closed down.. Never saw any activity when I was eating at Just Natural.
    don't think it's officially open but if you go there and speak to the gentleman in charge........
    he'll rent a room to you supposely..........but mi wouldn't bank on it
    the place has never been run like a regular hotel that I know of....
    long crazy story that goes with Kaisers and who knows what is right and wrong der.......
    the couple said the place could use some new linen but that was about it in the negative department.........
    great for the travelers that aren't too fussy and can go on the fly........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

wow, that is crazy that people can stay at Kaisers, but it is a beautiful spot--in disrepair. When I went there a couple of years ago to take photos it was deserted, the pool was green--serious algae farm, and there was one guy at the gate who made me some nice beaded bracelets and anklets that was pretty cool--but it wasn't set up at all for guests.

Name:  100_0063.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  93.7 KBName:  100_0066.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  95.7 KBName:  100_0067.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  98.6 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody. The pictures on TA looked awesome and it does get good reviews.Constant barking dogs would be a deal breaker. Maybe we should rethink this place and look at something else on the cliffs.