Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cliff dweller looking to expand to the beach. Treehouse the only way to go?

User Info Menu

Cliff dweller looking to expand to the beach. Treehouse the only way to go?

Took my first trip to Negril last August and have missed it like a lost friend since I returned to the states. I have been reading this board for about a week and have decided it is time to return. ASAP! Last time we stayed exclusively at Catcha and absolutely loved it! This time we want to mix a beach stay in but return to Catcha for the second half of our trip. Being newbies last year we really didn't get our Jamaica legs until second half of the trip so we want to enjoy Catcha the right way this time.
    Everyone on the board seems to LOVE Treehouse but looking online it is easy to find mixed reviews. Have emailed owners at Nirvana but still trying to figure out where to book for the beach. My questions are... What in your opinion makes Treehouse THE place to stay on the beach? Am I making a mistake if I go anywhere else? I am really considering Nirvana but don't see it mentioned here much so wondering if there is something I am missing? Are there other places on the beach that I should be considering?
    Thanks in advance for your responses! Thanks for re-inspiring me everyday to return to the most amazing place on earth. Gets me through everyday at work knowing the Negril sun will be upon my face soon.

PS: I know this is a long post for a boardie wannabe! In the future I'll try to be more brief

User Info Menu

Husband and I are beach bums. We love Country Country. We get our own cottage a few steps from the beach. Breakfast is included, and it's a great breakfast especially the banana pancakes. We're gearing up for a two week stay in July. We considered Nirvana but the pull was to much and we booked CC again. I know we'll have zero regrets. But I'm sure any place you stay will be great! PM me if you have any ?'s. just google Country Country Beach Cottages.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

I personally LOVE Beach House Villas...a little on the more pricey side but in My opinion well worth it. Beautiful grounds, clean, REALLY clean rooms, amazing staff, and a great location!!! I also like Rondel Village, and Idle Awhile, both on the beach. I stayed at Tree House in the past and it was nice, but their rule of no beers or food brought on from off of the property REALLY turns me off...I'm just sayin....

User Info Menu

^^Thanks for CC idea. Been reading reviews
    ^did not know about the no outside beer/food rule. That might kill it for me too!
    Last edited by InnaDiRed; 02-01-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: ...

User Info Menu

Also..ALL of the rooms at Beach House Villas have FULL kitchens...so you can stock up on beer, water, rum, juice, and food for the in between times...saves A LOT of money in the long run!!!

User Info Menu

Any room recommendations on Beach House Villas?

User Info Menu

Rondel Village is my choice. Very nice, clean rooms, excellent service, and a great staff. The location is awesome as well. Located in the middle of the beach, so not a far walk either way you go.

User Info Menu

CC has mini fridges and they do have one cottage with a kitchenette, but it's across the street not on beachside. We considered it but the closer to the beach the better is our motto. The manger for CC is Monique, you can find her email on their website, she is a lovely lady and I know she'd be happy to answer any questions. Best of luck!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Name:  php5IwJRYPM.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  95.5 KBName:  phppik9QDPM.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  97.6 KBName:  php97voakPM.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  64.9 KBName:  phpCNqrhmPM.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  64.3 KB

I loved Country Country as well-I had the stand alone cottage nearest the beach. The full breakfast is wonderful, served on your patio if you request or in their restaurant right on the beach. The beach area is nice there and there are plenty of places to walk to for drinks, food etc.

User Info Menu

Country contry was our first place two years ago was great and the staff wa sfantastic.
    Not sure about no food/drink rule they never said anything to us and we did liquor runs and went through the gate with it. We did spend time at the bar also so not sure if that helped.