Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well crud, so much for holding out!

User Info Menu

Well crud, so much for holding out!

I booked our hotels this week and just bought our plane tickets. Dang it, I was going to try and wait until the last minute for a good deal lol. I am so impatient.

User Info Menu

LOL I'm with you, we booked our flights last week. Makes it more real no way I'm leaving our dream vacation to chance!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

I know, I was just hoping I'd hang in a little longer than this! LOL! Good thing is now I'm just working for spending money
    I didn't tell my husband I was booking right now, so he came in and said, "What does your FB status mean??" Ha! So I told him I went ahead and booked.

User Info Menu

woo hoo! Congrats on pushing the button!

I don't blame you for not wanting to wait! It's always a relief to have tickets in hand and knowing the trip is really happening. you can kick back now and countdown the days!

Have a great time in Negril!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Haha! Had the hubs sift through all the flights since I got the hotel squared away. I'm with you on saving up for spending cash!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Bought our tix a few days ago...$690 pp from Dallas (non-stop). It's the most I've ever paid flying out of DFW...but the price has only increased since I pushed the button so I keep telling myself I did okay. Though it doesn't help seeing all of the posts about the cheap fares from Chicago, Minneapolis, and Canada...those flights must be twice as long or more than the 3.5 hours from Dallas. Rant.

User Info Menu

I know, this is the most we have ever paid, I believe. $1045 for two out of Memphis, with a connection in ATL. Actually, we'll be flying out of Memphis at 7:30 Sunday evening with the connecting flight leaving ATL at 8:30 in the morning. We'll have an 11 hour layover in Atlanta, but we plan on getting a room. This was actually one of the best prices and included some things I really wanted, like seat selection. In 2010, we bought three tickets for $1400!

User Info Menu

I can fly outa Detroit or Toronto and flight time is 4 hours from both? No more direct flights from Detroit but there are several every day out of Toronto, that explains all the last minute deals as low as $15 return!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    I can fly outa Detroit or Toronto and flight time is 4 hours from both? No more direct flights from Detroit but there are several every day out of Toronto, that explains all the last minute deals as low as $15 return!
    I have no idea why it is so expensive out of Memphis or the surrounding areas. Directly out of ATL would be about $200 cheaper, but the husband doesn't want to drive to ATL. Memphis used to (still do? IDK) have direct flights to MBJ.

User Info Menu

Seems to be always that way, remember back in the early nineties, met some people from Dallas, they paid more than double for flights.
    Trip #59 most of February