Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yardie Food On The Beach ? - On a Budget Bkfst/Lunch/Dinner

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yardie Food On The Beach ? - On a Budget Bkfst/Lunch/Dinner

I can't do the tourist places to eat everyday so would appreciate any suggestions for nice meal at Yardie prices. thanks One Love!
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Hi Lee!
    I don't know if you ever tried it but One Mile (near Mama Flo's) has some great box lunches for around 400J. We shared one a few weeks ago and it had brown stew chicken, 2 dumplings, salad, yam, potato, and something else I didn't recognize. It's very fast and you can eat it on the beach.

User Info Menu

Colletta's meals are excellent.
    Somewhere in my trip report there's a picture.
    In general watch where the red license plates are parked and eat there, the cab drivers aren't eating fancy (as a rule).

User Info Menu

Sweet Spot - across the road from Alfred's. A small box (love their fried chicken) with "salad" - read coleslaw - and rice and peas for about $300J. They have other things and prices vary.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Montanas across from Fun Holiday is an inexpensive place to eat and the food is good. Try the banana bread french toast for breakfast.
    Last edited by Prism; 02-03-2012 at 05:06 PM.

User Info Menu

coconut's international
    colletta's
    fatty's
    pilot's cafe
    juice j's
    sips and bites
    3 Dives
    Jahb's

User Info Menu

Which place is across the road from Best of The West where the taxis all stop, almost always a line for box food?
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

and while you're sitting on the beach - look for the fruit lady - the lobster men - the jerk pork man - the patty man - the ice cream man - all making an appearance - as you sit comfortably in your lounger

User Info Menu

PGW - are you thinking of the new place at the entrance to whistling bird/across from jungle? I think it is called kingfish (not that I ever saw a sign). It seemed pretty popular in Nov. I had peanut porridge one morning for breakfast and brown stew conch one night for dinner. Both were tasty and inexpensive. No place to eat there, but good to take away.

User Info Menu

Yeah Sam thats the place I was thinking of always real busy, did not try it but maybe shoulda.
    Trip #59 most of February