Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Catcha to Seastar

User Info Menu

Catcha to Seastar

Looking to stay on the cliffs for 2 nights next November and we are torn between Seastar and Catcha,if we stay at Catcha can we walk to Seastar for the Saturday night party?? Thanks for your help.

User Info Menu

Technically you can walk anywhere.
    We've walked from Seastar Lane (the corner) to Xtabi which I think is a longer walk than what you're describing and I have a bad wheel.

If I recall correctly Seastar is only a couple blocks up Seastar lane.

User Info Menu

Yes definitely. Seastar is not far from Catcha at all!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rum,we have walked from Home Sweet Home all the way down 7 mile beach but at night we kind of like shorter walks and especially if we are partying at Seastar,we tend to cover more territory when we are partying hard ;>}

User Info Menu

Catcha is one of the closet resorts to SeaStar Inn......
    you just walk from Seastar to the end of the lane and across from you is Catcha........
    stayed at both and they're nightly rates are usually miles apart..........
    if mi had the money and was a couple........mi would stay at Catcha.......
    if mi was a couple and watching da dollars mi would stay at SeaStar.......
    and if mi was traveling solo........mi would stay at SeaStar.......
    Catcha for the most part doesn't allow local Jamaicans on the premises.......SeaStar does

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

it's an easy walk but bring a flashlight,the streetlights are intermittant(unless someone fixed them in the last 2 weeks).seastar and catcha are both great places,try the coconut chicken at catcha.

User Info Menu

Don't forget; Seastar picks up and drops off with no charge. Just tip the driver.
    That said; it's only across the road and down Seastar Lane about 400 yards.

User Info Menu

Catcha for the most part doesn't allow local Jamaicans on the premises.......SeaStar does
    Catcha doesn't allow non-guests for the most part, local or not. They do accept dinner reservations and I believe if you are local or not, as long as you plan to eat that is no problem.

Seastar's restaurant and bar are definitely open to the public.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    It's only across the road and down Seastar Lane about 400 yards.
    One of the FEW walks that even I can do. I'm incredibly lazy, especially on vacation!

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info folks,we are staying 2 nights in one of the 2 places but we shall party at both!!!