Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anywhere in Mobay or Negril sell floatie raft things?

User Info Menu

does anywhere in Mobay or Negril sell floatie raft things?

Claritiy's description of floating on the raft in front of Alfreds made me want to do exactly that. I have never brought one with me and there are no Walmart or Target type stores near me so I am wondering if I might get one at Megamart or somewhere in Negril. That way I don't have to pack it or worry about running around on the the subway trying to find one. I will leave it behind when I go.

This trip I want to be a bonafide tourist floating in the sea

User Info Menu

They're harder to find than you'd think, but I know the gift shop at Bar B Barn sells them for nine dollars.

User Info Menu

nine bucks is doable! Thanks gerry123

User Info Menu

I've seen them in the pharmacy at Sunshine plaza.

User Info Menu

Many hotels have a few hanging around, left by other tourists. Check where you are staying before you buy one. Unfortunately, a few of the hotels actually try to charge a rental fee for use of floaties left behind by their guests...I would pass on that...better off buying your own and offering it to local kid on the beach when you leave. They will be thrilled to get one!

User Info Menu

yeah a couple of years ago a guy next to Bar B Barn was renting them! He had a huge double sized one with cupholders. I definitely want to try to find get my own if it is doable and then will gift it to a JA kid when I go.

User Info Menu

ok will check Sunshine Plaza pharmacy and BBbarn gift shop if I don't first find one at Megamart.

User Info Menu

It is probably going to be a hit or miss buying inflatables in Negril. For years I have been bringing rafts and assorted water toys. My wife always says to me how much of this stuff are you going to bring? Masks. snorkels, fins, spears, rafts, what next! Next trip im eyeing a personal water scooter to pull me around the reef. It weighs only 12 lbs. We'll see. IMO it would be easier to find what you want to use in Negril and bring it with you. More of a selection and definitely much cheaper here in the States. Internet has so many sites to buy stuff. Try leisurepro.com and scuba.com. Most sites tell you what the product weighs so you can judge the weight of your suitcase. Sometimes i leave stuff with the locals which they appreciate instead of taking it home. Enjoy and have fun. Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

I am leaving Saturday and unfortunately did order early enough to get online--it is not worth it to me to pay for expedited shipping. I am working non stop up till I leave--so I don't have time to take a trip on the train just to find the floatie thing--I'll take my chances in JA. I can alway float on my back if I can't find one
    I hear you about bringing water gear--though it sounds like you go over the top--a thing to pull you around while snorkeling--crazy! Bringing mask and fins is always a handful but I do it. Lugging a laptop and the snorkel gear as carry ons sorta sucks--but now with checked baggage fees that is exactly what I will be doing.

User Info Menu

There was also a raft selection at the pharmacy in the Burger King Plaza in Negril. They have a fair sized gift shop upstairs and you'll find them there.