Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is three days enough time to get a trip together?

User Info Menu

Ok well I get there tuesday, so will warm up the bartenders, and they might have to kick me outa your room when you get there. lol
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Hey Mrs Wilson...Glad your going for it.Your correct I have no little ones-but doesn't mean I dont have a lot of other responsibilities(human and non) that one would have to deal with before I just pick up and go-But i do have my pre-travel routine down to a science..and one thing I learned in life is "keep it simple" I'm glad you figured out you can do without all that extra stuff to bring-really do you use most of it?? and us women and clothes?? do we really wear it all (am guilty of that one)Other than my camera and maybe a book-and my little ipod with speakers-thats about it -no other extras..If you want to get some of the local children some clothes theres certainly places to purchase them in Negril and better yet Sav or Mobay-(mybe not the same in prices-but cant be a big difference)and other toiletries, etc you may need-again you get them in Jam..
    Hey, thats just my style and am not knocking anyone for theres-and yes, it would be more complicated bringing the little ones..But as you will find it can be done.
    Wow- your going to have a blast-lots of things going on in month of Feb..Safe journeys and hope you report back ..

Hmm. now having worry about taking care of the husband part...Nah, he can do all his stuff himself (LOL....)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I have four that I have dragged down since they were baby,s, its definitely easier without them, but not a big deal anymore.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

My son's been going to Seasplash every year since he was 2. 13 now. He's a character. He and husband will sit at bar/pool all day and chill. Not nearly as high=maintenance as I make them sound. But I'm an event planner -- big events -- by profession and by nature -- and I love the planning stage. It never occured to me before today that a trip might come up so suddenly. But I'm in full blown mode now -- just finished paying all the bills and have my list ready to starting -packing in the morning. One last minute run to Walmart and I'm good. Thank goodness there is no snow on the ground, because I can get into the gazebo and pull out a few noodles for the pool. This is unbelievable, I'm jazzed! AND I can't believe my good fortune of catching both the donkey races AND Beres Hammond. Damn, life is good.

User Info Menu

Right on Mrs Wilson...You got a handle on it all.. and you(and esp your son) certainly know the runnings of Jam-as long time visitors ..

Well you are lucky-lots of cool things alwasy going on Feb-dont miss the bash at Pee wees ,donkey and crab races-and of course the shows..

Safe journeys..Please report back when you get back and have the chance...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I promise to do my trip report this time. I never send the one I worked on last year, but still have and tweak it now and again. It's was tentatively titled "7-Mile Beach Diet" -- it's not a bad teling of how I approached having to diet in Caribbean last year, including lots of fun work-out tales and food ideas and a lot of pics. I thought I might make it into a novel ; ) So far I haven't even made it into a complete trip report. Well we'll see.

User Info Menu

outside of having the money.....3 hours would be enough time for wife and me...lol
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

If you were looking to be discouraged...you looked in the wrong place. Marley, Rastagal, and Clarity are personally responsible for me denying all logic and starting to book an April reach...LOL...

Thanks gyals. Can I send you the bill? jk

User Info Menu

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so glad to be one of the responsible ones! LOL

Sure, send me the bill. I just recently learned how to write rather convincing letters to bill collectors (I read it on a message board somewhere)

User Info Menu

Red Stripe got back to me. They are paying for the flight in fear of me NOT coming...and causing a dramatic loss in profits. LOL

The guy also said "...if PGW isn't going...we'll close up shop right now."

True story.