Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is three days enough time to get a trip together?

User Info Menu

Is three days enough time to get a trip together?

All sorts of reasons our trip this year was looking iffy, then all of a sudden this morning I find a way to make it work -- but it means leaving THURSDAY! I won't know for certain if we can do this till tomorrow (Monday) morning -- so what do you think? I have to work Mon-Wed -- do I have enough time to pack, bank, plan ??? I know I'm asking the right group ; )) We would stay 2 weeks ....

User Info Menu

Book, pack, go, why not if you can get time off or have no work and have the cash, whats stopping you! Everything works it self out once you get there, who needs plans!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

yup.......mi returned once from Jamaica and flew back three days later.......

another time be just decided to go on a Monday......and left on Tuesday.......

it can be done........especially if you have family around to watch over things while you are gone......

of course wi are the wrong people to ask......dats for sur........lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Yes, I was planning on doing a last minute trip this summer, like a day or two before! I caved and booked early lol.

As long as there are airline seats, a room, and money then you should be good to go! What's a couple of long days getting everything ready when you're going to have two weeks!

User Info Menu

Why not?? How long does it take to pack a suitcase-find the passport-go get a litle cash out of the bank and go online and book a tkt-go-online set up some transfers-go online and book a night in hotel and when you get there decide if you want to stay or find another place...Seriously, if you think about it iand esp with the internet-it doesnt take that long.. What more do you have to do ???
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Yep! If there's a will...there's a way! Is your passport valid?

User Info Menu

Are you kidding? I keep an extra packed suitcase in the trunk of my car just in case I get the urge while driving near the airport .....

User Info Menu

ok ok you're right. LOL I knew going in that you would all have the correct answers. And I am promising myself not to complicate this. So this is what I figure I have to cut out: No endless Walmart shopping for the 3 kids I bring clothes for, and likewise little time for other gifts that have become habit, unless I run across things. No mail-order new bathing suits and/or new flips-flops etc -- basically all the shopping except necessity is out. WOW LOOK AT THAT. Saved money alreadY!

The kitchen/household stuff I bring should really be pared down -- I don't really need candles for the patio, we rarely light them. And all the snacks etc. I bring from home I can buy there. I just went to Sams and picked up a large sack o' lemons for my Vodka/Soda and also for my tea. Coffee I can get there (ya think? such a comfort seeker, I always bring my favorite from home.)

But Suzangrace seriously? You must be single with no minor children ; ) There is a whole litany of things that have to be done for my kid and husband - school stuffs and doctors appointment juggling. Not to mention making sure they get there with more than just socks and sunglasses.

But Yes we all have valid passports, and we have hotel. Well we mostly have hotel. If Boombastic doesn't screw up we have hotel ; ) (No pressure Jim ha) And we have driver, and someone to feed the cat. The airfare is somewhat interesting. It's what spurred this trip - I finally found fares that were at least a little bit reasonable (ie under $550) -- but I haven't booked yet because one last little things has to fall into place. So I won't hit send on the air travels plan until tomorrow morning. Worried that I may pose price.

User Info Menu

Hope thats not my room he is giving to you!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Oops me hope so too! Well looks like we'll get to share a drink or two because I just bought the tickets. Thanks everyone for making it simple -- I could wait till tomorrow in the end -- it will work out.