Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When do you become not a Newbie?

User Info Menu

Ok well I have several things that may be an answer to that but personally if Lisa is a newb after all this time than I got nothing on shedding that title but some of these hints remind me I am not a first timer each trip.

When you arrive at the airport and the customs lady is the same as multiple trips before and she waves you thru and just says "stuff for the kids have a good trip".

When you walk thru the airport doors and a driver in the waiting area at the airport that isn't who you riding with yells "Shelly you back again" and you have to say hi to 3 before you get in yours.

When your Jamaican cell phone is blowing up b4 you reach Lucea with people you didn't tell you were coming that heard you were back.

When walking by the roundabout or bridge area in Negril or the Clocktower in Ochi at 3am and a shady character approaches but never gets to you cause others are yelling they know you and he to leave you alone. ( This one reminds me of some very heart warming moments).

Basically when you figure out that Jamaica is just like a really small town and word spreads like wild fire from one end of the island to the other and you are now part of that word I think some of the newbie naive innocence is lost.
    JMHO

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

You are not a newbie, when you're not...
    When you can fly down, check in, enjoy your vacation
    the way you want, while respecting the people, place, and culture
    that you have chosen to be a part of.
    No need to check off boxes on anyone's "newbie bucket list"

Blessings & Respect
    -Dave-

User Info Menu

"You are not a newbie, when you're not...
    When you can fly down, check in, enjoy your vacation
    the way you want, while respecting the people, place, and culture
    that you have chosen to be a part of.
    No need to check off boxes on anyone's "newbie bucket list"

Blessings & Respect
    -Dave- "

That is the BEST answer on these four pages. Thanks Dave.

User Info Menu

mi think all the input from the boardies was right on point.........
    there is no wrong or better answer than the next.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I have to concur with the Lorax2.....Perfect answer....Respect
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

When the "chump" label comes off my forehead and the locals look at me without $$$ in their eye's...

User Info Menu

8. Buy up the bar and then become Dominoe champion