Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Here's a new question....

User Info Menu

Here's a new question....

We go to a place here that packs our cigarettes for us. That way we dont get the carpet glue, etc. The question is, can we carry these with us on the plane and through customs....or do they have to be packaged?
    One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits You Feel No Pain!

User Info Menu

Depends where you are from. They are not legal to bring back to Canada. Smoke 'em while you're there.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I replied too fast! You will have to pay the duty, uh, if they are found on you. They need to be packaged with that little seal thingie that says duty has been paid somewhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    Sorry, I replied too fast! You will have to pay the duty, uh, if they are found on you. They need to be packaged with that little seal thingie that says duty has been paid somewhere.
    Really? I put all of my cigarettes (not in packs) in a tupperware type container to save them from being squashed. I know that my bags have been searched at some point between YYZ and MBJ, pretty well every year, never had a problem! Lucky I guess!

User Info Menu

I just traveled from the US and packed 8oz of tobacco and 200 tubes along with my machine that packs them. I declared the 8 oz tobacco. If I would have pre-rolled them I would have declared 200 cigs. I believe you can bring in up to 16 oz of tobacco or 400 cigs (2 cartons) without paying duty. I ran out of tubes while I was in JA and brought about a 1/2 pack and a few oz of tobacco back into the US which I didn't declare. I did mention it at US customs. There were no questions asked either way.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15