Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would you stay with a 4 yr old?

User Info Menu

Jamaica Jeff no offense taken here, but sometimes they go out of necessity. Not everyone has someone they trust to leave their baby with.. I luckily do, but if it was up to my exes family, they would simply have to go with me..
    I take my kids cause I know they love it.. And isnt that what life is about? Doing things with your family? I been taking em to the beach sine my 10 yr old was 13 months.. Hawaii that year (Maui) she loved swimmingminmthe ocean.

I am going on a solo trip in a few days, so I understand we're your coming from.. But, I see the other side too..

User Info Menu

I realize now that was a quote of some kind.. I am apparently unfamiliar.. Sorry if it was nothing more

User Info Menu

Yes it is a quote from comedian Steven Wright

User Info Menu

I stayed at Beach House Villas last year with my twin 2 year old boys and it was perfect. The staff is amazing and it was great to have a full kitchen to cook them food.

User Info Menu

Have seen the Sunset Beach in MoBay....it looks very condusive to families....even has an on-site waterpark, low-rates, and the opportunity to separate yourself from the kids at times, and not worry about them

User Info Menu

We stay at White Sands, very kid friendly. Our son is 7 and we traveled with him when he was four and again just last month. This was our 4th stay at White Sands and every visit there were kids from a few months old and up.
    I also choose to bring my son as he is part of our family and a family vacation it is. We went without him once when he was 2 and I would never leave him again, wasn't the same without him. We had a gentleman say to my husband our first trip that he hated when kids were around him on the beach(very good thing I did not hear him say that)I think hubby was just shocked and walked away. The same guy later commented to him that our son was so well behaved he didn't know he was there.
    Sorry if bringing my family on vacation ruins yours but it is what we do, like it or not.
    ]

User Info Menu

my son will choose jamaica over disneyland in a heartbeat

it's been nice watching him grow in his knowledge and understanding of jamaica

and his favorite thing to do when we are there - go up to the country - take his shoes off and explore - and his skinny bahine can woof down some yard food when we are there

the experience of travel is a part of his education that school doesn't provide

and as to the cost of taking him along - priceless

he gets to see there is a big world out there with many choices of things (work) to do and that the world is more than just our subdivision

and my heart swelled with pride when he was able to talk spanish to our driver in mexico and attempted a little patois with our driver in belize over the holidays

User Info Menu

I agree Seveen, Nicholas will pick Jamaica over Disneyland and he has become the best snorkler! I could never go without him now, he would never forgive me. We used to go as a married couple without kids and we loved that also and at that time seing couples with kids I wondered why you would spend so much to bring them along, I see why now. There is so much for them to learn and appreciate in Jamaica. I think Jamaica is very kid friendly and White Sands staff treat him so well when we are there.
    ]

User Info Menu

White Sands is where we hung out when we came form Seastar last and she loved it. she was a sucker for all the walking vendors so i ended up buying 1 of almost everything that passed by.
    was looking for a little more garden space type set up so she can run free without much worry.
    Anyone ever stay at Yellow Bird? I kind of like the set up there from the beach, especially now that the fence is gone right?

Funny quote. I agree nothing worse than a whinning kid to ruin a vacation in paradise good thing she loves those little bananas

User Info Menu

I would stay at Rayon, Coco or Seasplash

My first choice would be Rayon, rooms with a kitchen, small property, nice clean pool, great staff and right across from a friendly beach bar (Sun Beach) and priced well.