Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where would you stay with a 4 yr old?

User Info Menu

Where would you stay with a 4 yr old?

Not looking at big corporate type AIs but would need the following ideally:
    beach front
    AC
    full restaurant / bar on site
    laid back vibe towards kids
    pool would be nice but not a deal breaker

this would be the first week of March

thanks for all opinions\ help have only stayed on cliffs or across the street from th ebeach

User Info Menu

We have taken our children for years to Negril starting at the age of 4. To them it was a giant sand box. A room with a kitchen has always been key to us.
    Our first few years with them we stayed at Beach House Villas. Great property, small and well manicured. Very secure property and buildings. Food on site and other good places to eat very near. No pool but we prefer the ocean, pools in Negril have not been our favorite. We now stay at Idle Awhile. More expensive but bigger beach and better food. Also more shade at Idle.
    The most important thing is how our children are treated in Jamaica.
    We have always noticed that our children have been treated like royalty. They have really enjoyed their stays on the island so much that it is their favorite place to visit. Even after a disney trip they exclaimed they would have rather been in Negril.
    Whatever your choice enjoy your stay and all the memories. Peace.

User Info Menu

My kids liked staying at CocoLaPalm and Crystal Waters Villas. Rondel Village would be another good one.

User Info Menu

bar-b-barn(not A/I) worked out good when my child was that age
    it's directly on the beach
    has 2 restaurants with more in walking distance
    ask them for room 118 (my room) - it is close to the bar and i felt comfortable putting my child down for a nap or to bed because i could see the door from the bar (able to eat food at the bar)
    as he got older - he could go get breakfast and i could hear him interacting with the staff from the room
    take plenty of action figures - i found they worked real well after the sand castle is built - the action figures would keep my child occupied for hours and would attract playmates for him

have fun! jamaica is very child friendly - i never realized how much until i started going with a child - it was a whole new experience

i also arranged babysitting for a very minimal charge and my child LOVED his sitter

User Info Menu

We would also suggenst CocoLaPalm, we stayed there last year with our whole family including our new grandson, hewas 9 months at the time, but they have a great pool lots of space for kids, restaurant and bar worked out well, we stayed in a kind of suite with 2 big beds and a kitchen and a great balcony, we also stayed at Villas SurMer up on the cliffs it is across the streeet from LTU which is a beautiful property and really nice people. Most places on the cliff do not allow children. Have a great stay!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

thanks for the advice. we stayed at Seastar when she was 2, which was great because how the staff really spoiled her, but she has more fun at the beach than pools at this point. We def prefer the west end but thinking it would be easier on her to home base at the beach.

User Info Menu

That is my biggest negative to avoiding the AIs....they have the adults only/couples only properties...which is a big plus when you leave your kids at home<by design>, and don't want to deal with OPK(other peoples kids)

User Info Menu

Please don't take this seriously, just came to mind.

Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!'
    Steven Wright

User Info Menu

we also had a ball at sunset beach in mobay (A/I) - the kid activities were great

and from there we took day trips to negril and ochi

User Info Menu

There are several accomodations on Long Bay(Negril) that have walls...Rondell village is one....Maybe even better is Rooms....